The Student Room Group

President Trump advocates the use of Torture (again)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Len Goodman
I'm all for torture myself. We need to make use of every tactic possible to ensure we can get all the information we need out of possible terrorists, and to me torture seems the most effective.

Plus I don't get all the fuss about waterboarding - come on liberals, a little bit of water over the noggin won't do any harm.

The big deal is that it's torture, and torture is illegal.
It's nearly impossible to drown from waterboarding. It doesn't inflict any permanent damage, it's not torture, calm down.
Original post by MildredMalone
It's nearly impossible to drown from waterboarding. It doesn't inflict any permanent damage, it's not torture, calm down.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/does-waterboarding-have-long-term-p-2009-05-01/

That's not what many investigations say.
I know that if I was being threatened with torture, I would "confess" to anything that the torturer wanted to hear and any crime that I didn't do.

If "innocent until proven guilty" applies to Brown people from the Middle East and Asia as well, the majority of Gitmo prisoners are innocent. Most are being held there without having been given a trial first and only a few were actually captured by the US army. The rest were rounded up by corrupt, bounty seeking warlords. So Trump supports the torture of innocent people.
(edited 7 years ago)
No torture = terrorist win, always
Waterboarding isn't torture,

After the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, the 17 year old son of a Resistance family linked to the plot, Ate Moravek, was tortured for hours, but with unbelievable bravery and will power refused to talk. Then the Gestapo stupefied him with brandy and showed him the severed head of his mother in a fish tank and said his father would be next. He broke and told them what they wanted to know.

THAT is torture.
Original post by astutehirstute
Waterboarding isn't torture,

Troll.

If you don't think forcing someone to feel like they're drowning to death isn't torture then not much is...

What happened to you? You've gone from a decent poster with reasonable arguments to simply being a troll.
(edited 7 years ago)
Unfortunately President Trump has made it quite clear, although he feels torture to be an effective method to gain intelligence he will follow the advice of military and various intelligence agencies regarding its use.

So good news snowflakes, looks like you Islamist chums are safe...........for now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending