4x(-x)+x+21(-x)
3x=21
Divide both sides by 3
21/3=7
3x/3=x
X=7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tootles
Oh look, someone else wanting TSR to do their ****ing homework for them.

No. You will notice that I added with workings. This is so I can follow it and can learn how to work it out.
Reply 3
Original post by Doctor Who??
No. You will notice that I added with workings. This is so I can copy it into my exercise book and make it look like I knew what I was doing.
I know, that's why I said what I did :pierre:
Original post by Tootles
I know, that's why I said what I did :pierre:

That's not my original reply... Any how I now know the answer so...
Original post by themightysandu

Please read the Forum Rules at the top of the Maths Forum. Providing full solutions is not permitted here (even if the OP asked you to do so)!
No. You will notice that I added with workings. This is so I can follow it and can learn how to work it out.

Use the Forum properly please. You need to post your attempt at a solution each time first and then we will help you to fix any mistakes.
Original post by Mr M
Use the Forum properly please. You need to post your attempt at a solution each time first and then we will help you to fix any mistakes.

OK, I apologize I was not made aware of the forum rules...
OK, I apologize I was not made aware of the forum rules...

Ok so to work out the value of x in this linear equation, you need to get all the x values on one side of the equal side and other numbers on the other side of the equal sign.

You can do this by adding and subtracting x from the right and then subtracting it from the left.

You can the subtract 5 from the right which means that you will need to subtract it from the right aswell.

This would leave you with 3x = 21

So now you should be able to solve for x easily
Thumbs up would be appreciate if it helped!

Quick Reply

Latest