The Student Room Group

maths department burning us out

Theyre trying to make us finish all of AS pure by november (y12 and started september) & theyre setting an insane amount of homework. This is too much for me and IDK what to do
Original post by canthinkofone
Theyre trying to make us finish all of AS pure by november (y12 and started september) & theyre setting an insane amount of homework. This is too much for me and IDK what to do

Have you asked them why they're trying to do this? Are they trying to get you through AS and A level in a single year?
Original post by DataVenia
Have you asked them why they're trying to do this? Are they trying to get you through AS and A level in a single year?

I asked and they said theyre just doing AS in the 1st year but all of statistics for y1 & 2 & in the second year all of mechanics y1 & 2
I asked and they said theyre just doing AS in the 1st year but all of statistics for y1 & 2 & in the second year all of mechanics y1 & 2

Well you're not doing more or less work than you would otherwise be doing then presumably, you're just not potentially jumping between topics across the year. Which is honestly probably a sensible approach.
Reply 4

That's a crazy way of teaching it .... we schedule two teachers. One teaches Pure and the other teaches the stats and mechanics.and some [ure to balanve out. How will you remember all the Year 12 content if you aren't using it?
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
Well you're not doing more or less work than you would otherwise be doing then presumably, you're just not potentially jumping between topics across the year. Which is honestly probably a sensible approach.

No, it's not a good way of teaching A level.
In terms of homework, we got homework almost every lesson and it helped so much. You're at A-Level. You need to be working hard now.
Original post by Uni_student3132
In terms of homework, we got homework almost every lesson and it helped so much. You're at A-Level. You need to be working hard now.

Everyone gets regular homework at A-level, but finishing AS pure by November is ridiculous, especially for those who didn't get an 8/9 at GCSE.
Original post by artful_lounger

theyre setting an insane amount of homework. I am feeling burnt out from just the maths homework alone, and thats just 1 subject. I havent done any biology revision in a whole week and very minimal chemistry revision because maths has been taking up all of my time.

Quick Reply

Latest