The Student Room Group

Swedish journalist on trial for helping refugee

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
Obviously not cool to cosy up to someone you cannot identify, no matter how "in need" they seem to be. The 1% of psychos would be rubbing their hands if the Swede was let go and the boy was allowed to settle
Smuggling is illegal, they knew it, end of story.
You shouldn't smuggle anyone.
Don't understand how the swedes are happy when they are taxed nearly 60% and are bringing more immigrants in XD
Reply 5
I'm confused, is the kid allowed to stay in Sweden? If so why are they being prosecuted.
Reply 6
He broke the law and is now facing the consequences, nothing to see here. This 15 year old 'child' had no business trying to get to Sweden anyway. He was not fleeing a warzone, he was residing in perfectly safe Greece.
Original post by Inexorably
I'm confused, is the kid allowed to stay in Sweden? If so why are they being prosecuted.

Because they broke the law. That is how it usually works. It would be the same here. the kid will be allowed to have his asylum claim considered.
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Because they broke the law. That is how it usually works. It would be the same here. the kid will be allowed to have his asylum claim considered.

That seems very odd though, because the child knew full on well what he was doing so why is he not also in trouble?
uh oh sweeden this isnt very progressive, we all know mgrants cant do anything wrong you should let another million in
That seems very odd though, because the child knew full on well what he was doing so why is he not also in trouble?

Because asylum seekers are not prosecuted for crossing national boundaries as long as they claim asylum at the earliest possible moment. They are entitled to have their asylum claim heard. This is in the convention on refugees.
Smuggling is illegal
Yeah....people smuggling, totally legal...`
Original post by 999tigger
Because asylum seekers are not prosecuted for crossing national boundaries as long as they claim asylum at the earliest possible moment. They are entitled to have their asylum claim heard. This is in the convention on refugees.

So if he's allowed to claim asylum, what's the problem with this journalist bringing him here? If he's allowed to stay here anyway I'm really unsure what the issue is.
So if he's allowed to claim asylum, what's the problem with this journalist bringing him here? If he's allowed to stay here anyway I'm really unsure what the issue is.

Because the grant of immunity doesnt apply to the journalist and it counts as smuggling. Wait to see what happens in the case and see how they resolve it. It would be the same in the UK if a lorry driver was smuggling people in through Dover. People have been prosecuted.

As far as I'm aware you are allowed to claim asylum when you are within the country's territory but outside and attempting to come in they can stop you (Italy has a navy or whatever to intercept illegal boats with asylum seekers attempting to come in). When you claim asylum you yourself are no longer illegal to be in that country until a decision has been made. Though this journalist has brung them in illegally when they would have probably attempted to keep the boy out.
Does the journalist think that Sweden needs more third world migrants.

Sweden are cucks.
The irony is the kid will probably rob them when he's old enough to think for himself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending