The Student Room Group

What do you expect to earn right after you graduate?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ladbants
Then why did you request us to provide evidence of earnings? You sounded like you were sceptic so that we'd make that much, at least that's what it looked like

I'm suggesting that it would be nice for just a single user to come back and prove that they were able to earn the figures they predicted. Would be an inspiration to alot of future users.
Original post by Reue
I'm suggesting that it would be nice for just a single user to come back and prove that they were able to earn the figures they predicted. Would be an inspiration to alot of future users.

Actually we'd most likely be branded as arrogant and boastful scum. Posting evidence of what one actually earns is distasteful and odd. Like I said, there are several lawyers and IB bankers on TSR already if they want inspiration. Also, a student forum isn't exactly the best place to get inspired tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by habeas.corpus
Actually we'd most likely be branded as arrogant and boastful scum. Posting evidence of what one earns is distasteful and odd.

Not when you're specifically asked for it. Feel free to bury it in a little-read subforum somewhere and tag me in. I am genuinely looking forward to congratulating the first person.

Original post by habeas.corpus
Like I said, there are several lawyers and IB bankers on TSR already if they want inspiration.

But did any of them successfully predict their income with the certainty people here seem to be doing so? That's what I'm trying to find out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Doe Shamone know how much a consultant at a top firm could earn through their career. From entry to middle to partner
Original post by Len Goodman
Deary me, students. You're going to be in for a severe reality check when you leave university, I tell you. Getting a job in itself is tricky enough, yet you all expect to waltz in to jobs paying £40k+ as soon as you graduate and with no problem whatsoever.

I'm sure most of the people posting high figures here are pretty switched on and know where they want to head. I remember seeing you on another thread saying how you are still unemployed and live with your parents, despite graduating.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reue
Not when you're specifically asked for it. Feel free to bury it in a little-read subforum somewhere and tag me in. I am genuinely looking forward to congratulating the first person.

But did any of them successfully predict their income with the certainty people here seem to be doing so? That's what I'm trying to find out.

Income in IB and commercial law is predictable. If they ended up where they set out, then they certainly achieved their goal starting sal. I suppose the scepticism is because these salaries are rare or seem absurdly high to outsiders. It's not for people who want to work in these sectors in London.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Bubblyminty
Income in IB and commercial law is predictable. If they ended up where they set out, then they certainly achieved their goal starting sal.

Excellent
Original post by Bubblyminty
I'm sure most of the people posting high figures here are pretty switched on and know where they want to head. I remember seeing you on another thread saying how you are still unemployed and live with your parents, despite graduating.

Where on Earth did I say that? I am a hardworking taxpayer, thank you very much.
Original post by That'sGreat
Doe Shamone know how much a consultant at a top firm could earn through their career. From entry to middle to partner

define top

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Len Goodman
Where on Earth did I say that? I am a hardworking taxpayer, thank you very much.

And someone who makes 40k out of uni isn't? 😂 it's really not that deep
Original post by Princepieman

Such as Accenture
Original post by That'sGreat
Such as Accenture

As much as I can remember, they're at £31k base + £10k over 2 years signing. Mid-level is probably high 5 figures (~£60-80k, for e.g. a manager), Senior Managers are £100-180k and MDs are on mid six figures on average (~£300-600k) with outliers on the higher side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
I'm fully expecting to be unemployed for a good while after graduation.
I expect to earn 28k (+2k starting bonus) starting in September. Graduation is not until December (I already have an undergrad degree however).
Reply 74
Original post by Reue
Please come back after your first year of graduating and post us a photo of your P60. I've been making the same request for the past 5 years on here and not one person has been kind enough to indulge us.

I'll try! But I'm not going to earn that much for certain. It's a highly competitive job to get or I might decide to go for a different career, so you never know
Original post by Princepieman
nobody works 100hrs a week for a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much do they work then? This is where I got the info from:
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-bankers-work-100-hours-per-week-2013-4?IR=T

A very brief summary of what I'm saying is hardly anyone wanting IB seems to know what expect means.

I can guarantee you 95% of the people that have posted so far will earn significantly less upon graduating. I think the term you're looking for is hope.
Original post by pairofjeans
A very brief summary of what I'm saying is hardly anyone wanting IB seems to know what expect means.

I can guarantee you 95% of the people that have posted so far will earn significantly less upon graduating. I think the term you're looking for is hope.

Then I would say we're arguing over semantics
Original post by akbar0123
How much do they work then? This is where I got the info from:
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-bankers-work-100-hours-per-week-2013-4?IR=T

Analysts pull 70-80 on average, peaks of more than that during some weeks and lower than that during slower weeks. 100 a week for the entire year is insanity.
Original post by alexschmalex
Not that uncommon outside the UK. Place where I'm interning starts at 65k (euros) for masters graduates.

Where do you intern?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending