The Student Room Group

Applied for college not too long ago and I already want to change one of my subjects

I thought I could do A-Level maths but I'm only mediocre even at GCSE level, so I realised doing it at A-Level is a stupid idea. I've already applied, been to the interview, received and accepted my offer. But now I want to change it to philosophy. How do I change it? I'm really panicking right now. Please give me some advice.
I changed one of my subjects a few weeks in, they're normally fine for people to change in the first few weeks
Original post by YasudaSayo
I thought I could do A-Level maths but I'm only mediocre even at GCSE level, so I realised doing it at A-Level is a stupid idea. I've already applied, been to the interview, received and accepted my offer. But now I want to change it to philosophy. How do I change it? I'm really panicking right now. Please give me some advice.

You act like an adult, call them and explain. It's really not a massive chore for them to take you off the maths timetable and put you in for something else. You're making a massive fuss over absolutely nothing; they're not going to withdraw their offer because you want to change a subject.
Don't worry it's completely fine, they don't hold you to your subjects. Your initial application is only for the college to get an idea of how many people want to study each course.

At your enrollment after results day you'll have the chance to completely change your mind (I did), so don't worry.

Even after you can switch subjects until about 5 weeks into term, it's nothing to stress about!
Original post by Glassapple
You act like an adult, call them and explain. It's really not a massive chore for them to take you off the maths timetable and put you in for something else. You're making a massive fuss over absolutely nothing; they're not going to withdraw their offer because you want to change a subject.

why do you have to answer so maliciously? they were just asking a question like this person is probably 15/16 years old calm down
Original post by hypnotismm
why do you have to answer so maliciously? they were just asking a question like this person is probably 15/16 years old calm down

The world is a malicious place, with no room for making incredible dramas out of literally nothing. The sooner this person realises this, the better.
Original post by Glassapple
The world is a malicious place, with no room for making incredible dramas out of literally nothing. The sooner this person realises this, the better.

ok fun police
Original post by hypnotismm
ok fun police

Somebody has to be the fun police. I enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest