The Student Room Group

Computing OCR A453 Programming project CA Material 1 hElp!

In school we've just started our coursework for the above.In short our teachers unhelpful and unapproachable. But thats not the point. We need help on how to set up this coursework. The task is a programming project on compressing files in python. Our teacher has told us that we must use ssadm which is fine. But we dont know if we do ssadm for each task or what because ssadm is really long. If we can get any guidance on this cousework that would be great. thanks
Original post by lilaura
In school we've just started our coursework for the above.In short our teachers unhelpful and unapproachable. But thats not the point. We need help on how to set up this coursework. The task is a programming project on compressing files in python. Our teacher has told us that we must use ssadm which is fine. But we dont know if we do ssadm for each task or what because ssadm is really long. If we can get any guidance on this cousework that would be great. thanks

You do know asking for guidance with OCR Computing controlled assessments is against the rules, right? I'm afraid I can't help here but I would be careful when asking for code directly off the internet - sometimes teachers will copy and paste your code directly into google, to see if it pops up anywhere.
Reply 2
Original post by sickformBud
You do know asking for guidance with OCR Computing controlled assessments is against the rules, right? I'm afraid I can't help here but I would be careful when asking for code directly off the internet - sometimes teachers will copy and paste your code directly into google, to see if it pops up anywhere.

Wow really? Sorry i didnt know, my bad. I'm not really looking for the code anyway because the code is only like 12 marks i think. I just want to know what you actually have to do.
Original post by lilaura
Wow really? Sorry i didnt know, my bad. I'm not really looking for the code anyway because the code is only like 12 marks i think. I just want to know what you actually have to do.

No worries, at the end of the day it's up to you what you do, just thought I'd give you a heads up as per what teachers sometimes do.

In terms of actual help, I would suggest asking your teacher for some help with your controlled assessment - that's what they are there for after all, or failing that you could ask your peers what they have got. As you say, the code is only 12 marks - even if you only have code that doesn't work, as long as you fully evaluate it - you should be fine :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by sickformBud
No worries, at the end of the day it's up to you what you do, just thought I'd give you a heads up as per what teachers sometimes do.

In terms of actual help, I would suggest asking your teacher for some help with your controlled assessment - that's what they are there for after all, or failing that you could ask your peers what they have got. As you say, the code is only 12 marks - even if you only have code that doesn't work, as long as you fully evaluate it - you should be fine :smile:

thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest