The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Religious Studies - Unit 4: Implications - Donovan/Ayer/Westphal 17th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by is__bella
yeah i'm really worried too. i'm trying to revise all of it because i know people last year who didn't revise Donovan because they thought he wouldn't up and he did (i think that's right???)

Ahh! I really hope he doesn't. Haven't revised him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Logolept
Anyone else not revising Westphal?

me!! already regretting it though lool i just looked over Hegel and I know absolutely nothing :smile:
I'm good on Ayer and confident with Westphal but Donovan is killing me.

Good luck for the exam everyone!
What did everyone think of Ayer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank God it was Ayer, not the best passage but still.

I discussed what he was saying in the passage about how atheism and agnosticism aren't compatitble with logical positivsm, then gave background to Ayer and the logical positivsts and talked about the Verifiction Principle.

Discussed atheistic approaches and functionalist in particular like Marx - they are focusing more on the role religion plays in society rather than if God exists so Ayer is wrong there.

Discussed religious language, talked about Wittgenstein and Tillich's different approaches to Ayer.
I spoke about atheism and agnosticism and gave examples and spoke about why Ayer rejects theistic stances.

I spoke about later in the text and ayer's rejection of religious experience and I spoke about the flaws of the verification principle and Flew and Hare's arguments. I think I rushed the implications so I'm not sure how I've done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone here retaking?

Can someone please help me with Donovan - i really need help
Original post by zoedhin
Is anyone here retaking?

Can someone please help me with Donovan - i really need help

Not retaking, but what part of Donovan do you need help with?
Reply 68
Hi, I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!"

For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler

Original post by RedBullAsh
The exam is getting closer and closer so I thought I'd make a thread where everyone who is sitting the exam (or has knowledge about the topic) could discuss ideas and help each other out. :beard:
Original post by yialli
Hi, I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A

Long title for a book don't you think ?
Ty so much for this haha honestly i habe a mock exam on this tomorrow and i was bricking it but Ive got a general direction now ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Reply 71
Original post by mustvfx
Not retaking, but what part of Donovan do you need help with?

I'm not retaking, but I did the exam last year, and I managed to get an A*, if it's somewhat helpful I have some notes: http://revisionwithgin.blogspot.co.uk

GOOD LUCK! you can do it!
Am l in the right thread...l am doing Philosophy & Ethics but have not heard of Donovan and the rest of the names. I have done Reid and Tyler so far...
Original post by Onlychantele
Am l in the right thread...l am doing Philosophy & Ethics but have not heard of Donovan and the rest of the names. I have done Reid and Tyler so far...

Maybe you're studying a different exam board; this thread is Edexcel A2 R.S.
Guys I am completely lost...So, my class started unit 4 on Thursday, and tbh, so far it's making very little sense. I have no idea what the aim of the game is, how to revise for it, how to write it. I would really appreciate it if someone could break it down for me, or PM me, I am ever so confused, and a bit panicked.
Hi guys,

My class and I need serious help. Our teacher has just gone on maternity leave and we have only covered Ayer very briefly. We are having to teach ourselves the rest and we have no idea what to do. The school are not providing another Philosophy teacher so if anyone has any resources or materials for implications then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Original post by annalisegarside
Hi guys,

My class and I need serious help. Our teacher has just gone on maternity leave and we have only covered Ayer very briefly. We are having to teach ourselves the rest and we have no idea what to do. The school are not providing another Philosophy teacher so if anyone has any resources or materials for implications then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

OMG, contact the exam board personally and ask them what can be done, and contact your unis ( firm and insurance)! I can send you what we do!
Thank you!

Our school have now got a teacher that used to work here for 3 hours a week to help us so hopefully we should be fine.

Just wanting other resources and guidance for unit 4.

Thank you
Original post by annalisegarside
Thank you!

Our school have now got a teacher that used to work here for 3 hours a week to help us so hopefully we should be fine.

Just wanting other resources and guidance for unit 4.

Thank you

That's great news! If you PM me we can exchabge materials.
Original post by Gin44
I'm not retaking, but I did the exam last year, and I managed to get an A*, if it's somewhat helpful I have some notes: http://revisionwithgin.blogspot.co.uk

GOOD LUCK! you can do it!

the links not working. can you re link it pls it would really hellp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending