BM5 Southampton Medical Applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _MAT_
Which person were you? 😂

Asian girl from Bristol. And you?
Reply 501
Original post by k_popper

Guy to the left of you when we were all siting at the table before the interview 😊
Reply 502
Original post by k_popper

You were great in the group task, I wouldn't worry :smile:
Original post by _MAT_
Guy to the left of you when we were all siting at the table before the interview 😊

Original post by _MAT_
You were great in the group task, I wouldn't worry :smile:

Ah, I remember. I kind of made a guess from your username haha. You did great too!! I think we got a harder topic than the group that went before us but you all made some really good points too still.
Original post by xxvvvxxc
I am not sure if you are able to answer/let us know this question but I have been wondering this for quite a while: Do the Southampton interviews ever consist of obscure questions such as ones they ask in Oxbridge for instance?

They tend to stick to your PS but they can ask anything.

Original post by HomerSimpsun
Does anyone know they score it exactly? Thought i did really well in the panel but not so well in the group task.

50/50 group task and interview.
Scored on various thing, most likely the non-academic entry requirements that are in the prospectus.
I had my interview today and honestly I don't know how it has gone. My interviewers gave no expression nor did they react to anything I said, I am not sure if this is an indication of whether I did bad or if they just cannot say anything? :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xxvvvxxc
I had my interview today and honestly I don't know how it has gone. My interviewers gave no expression nor did they react to anything I said, I am not sure if this is an indication of whether I did bad or if they just cannot say anything? :s-smilie:

They may well have tried to remain neutral. Don't read into it. Just wait and see :yes:
Original post by Neostigmine
They may well have tried to remain neutral. Don't read into it. Just wait and see :yes:

Were they interested?! Did they ask pertinant questions about what you said?
Original post by Neostigmine
They tend to stick to your PS but they can ask anything.

50/50 group task and interview.
Scored on various thing, most likely the non-academic entry requirements that are in the prospectus.

Hi, how are candidates treated post interview? Are offers based solely on the interview score or academic abilities too?
Reply 509
Have any graduates applying for this course heard anything/received interviews ?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by Not_a_horse
Hi, how are candidates treated post interview? Are offers based solely on the interview score or academic abilities too?

Interview really. They're not bothered about academics as long as you meet the minimum.
Original post by Wantsnoffer
Were they interested?! Did they ask pertinant questions about what you said?

Mine were really interested, which I think led to my offer. But I also know a guy from the same interview who said that his interviewers didn't look interested and he also recieved an offer.
My panel seemed like it went well and I felt the group task was decent but could have been better I guess. It was a really chilled and nice environment tho. Really calm interview to be honest... Good luck for the rest of you :smile:
does anyone know if they like to ask a lot of questions on personal statement or is it just general stuff??
Original post by werakepa
does anyone know if they like to ask a lot of questions on personal statement or is it just general stuff??

Both.
you should be prepared for everything. Must read your PS again!
had my interview on 31st-hope they will notify us soon.
Just rung; they said that they send interview invites about two weeks prior to the date so grads we can expect to be invited at the end of Feb
Does anyone know when they will start sending offers out?
Has anyone got offers yet? My interview was 31st Jan
Reply 518
Original post by greenfeather
Just rung; they said that they send interview invites about two weeks prior to the date so grads we can expect to be invited at the end of Feb

Thank you!
Good luck to anyone with the group task tomorrow at 12:35. Hopefully I'll see some of you there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending