The Student Room Group

Volunteering for under 18s in London

I have been wanting to find some long term volunteering for under 18s in London but all I am struggling to find anything long term and for under 18s.Any help would be much appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I have been wanting to find some long term volunteering for under 18s in London but all I am struggling to find anything long term and for under 18s.Any help would be much appreciated.

I volunteered in a care home when I was 16 and 17 - have you got any near you that you can apply to, if this is your thing? Or something that your school, current or previous, that you can volunteer in.
Original post by SeanFM
I volunteered in a care home when I was 16 and 17 - have you got any near you that you can apply to, if this is your thing? Or something that your school, current or previous, that you can volunteer in.

When you volunteered at the care home,what kind of stuff did you do there, what responsibilities did you have?
When you volunteered at the care home,what kind of stuff did you do there, what responsibilities did you have?

In truth we didn't do any physical stuff, just got involved in activities like dinners and poetry reading and gardening etc
Original post by SeanFM
In truth we didn't do any physical stuff, just got involved in activities like dinners and poetry reading and gardening etc

Did you see or experience or gain any medical experience or knowledge?
Did you see or experience or gain any medical experience or knowledge?

No, but then again I didnt ask or intend for that because I wasn't interested in medicine. No harm in emailing or phoning up though, specifying what you want and whether there is anything like that available.
Original post by SeanFM
No, but then again I didnt ask or intend for that because I wasn't interested in medicine. No harm in emailing or phoning up though, specifying what you want and whether there is anything like that available.

If i was to go there, like what would i say and how would i ask specifically?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending