The Student Room Group

Can I do medicine without maths?

I know that most universities (apart from Cambridge) don't specify that they need maths but I know that the majority of people who get accepted do have maths.... is it possible to get in without maths? My current AS subjects are biology, chemistry, psychology and french.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah its fine
Cambridge specify Physics or Maths is necessary ( alongside Bio and Chem ) as far as i know, but no other med school requires Maths/Physics and one uni ( UCL) expresses a preference for non science subject.

Original post by Sophie.cerys
I know that most universities (apart from Cambridge) don't specify that they need maths but I know that the majority of people who get accepted do have maths.... is it possible to get in without maths? My current AS subjects are biology, chemistry, psychology and french.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I've got an offer this year doing bio, chem and French so it's definitely possible! As long as you get your 3 As :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by emelinaw
I've got an offer this year doing bio, chem and French so it's definitely possible! As long as you get your 3 As :smile:

Hey, congrats on your offer! I struggle in maths and I was wondering what you got in GCSE maths, if you don't mind me asking
Reply 6
Original post by Noshin21
Hey, congrats on your offer! I struggle in maths and I was wondering what you got in GCSE maths, if you don't mind me asking

thank you! I got an A at GCSE and a B in AS :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending