The Student Room Group

Higher Choices and course options

I have to deciede what I am taking for higher in the next month, I am thinking of taking maths, english, business, spanish and I have another subject to pick either chemistry/geography or history. I was wondering what kind of courses I could study at Uni with those subjects and any advice on the workload these subjects bring. I will finalise my choice when I get my nat 5 mark but I'm aiming for A's and B's.
Original post by studyhelp101
I have to deciede what I am taking for higher in the next month, I am thinking of taking maths, english, business, spanish and I have another subject to pick either chemistry/geography or history. I was wondering what kind of courses I could study at Uni with those subjects and any advice on the workload these subjects bring. I will finalise my choice when I get my nat 5 mark but I'm aiming for A's and B's.

History be prepared to write extensively and in chemistry the course is quite simple really just calculations
Reply 2
Id take History based of your other subject choices, English and Spanish pair nicely with a Social Subject
Im indecisive about taking either modern studies or economics have either of you taken these subjects, I looked at old past papers and it seems quite interesting which one would you recommend
Reply 4
History is definitely the best of the options you're not sure between. I did Higher History last year and it was interesting. It's not easy, but once you learn how to structure the essays properly, you're set for the whole year. I know so many people who took a Higher science and regretted it, so that may be the case with Chemistry. Also you seem to have a preference for wordy subjects rather than numerical ones. So taking History would pair nicely with a language and English for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending