The Student Room Group

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
If one thing is perfectly clear from Allah's message it is that Allah's message is not at all clear.

Original post by Josb
Indeed, it is very strange that the Quran leads to so many different interpretations.

It is almost as if it had been written by an ordinary man, intent on manipulating his people to fight his wars, isn't it?
Original post by Good bloke
The thing is, the west has learned from the past. We do not use mass bombing of civilians any more.

LOL good joke.
Original post by AishaGirl
I'm saying that given the context I don't think he meant it in an offensive way. I don't think he actually meant it as "I see you with that sexy scarf on"...

..Yeah, i'm 100% sure he meant hot as in sexy bro. He wouldn't have said hot as in temperature, and he told her to take it off that was the main offensive part. Even if he didn't describe it as "Hot a** scarf" he told her to take it off which is disrespectful and offensive. But the addition of Hot a** was disrespectful too and he defo didn't mean it as in temperature wise.
Given the mood and environment and the way he said it, basically the whole context, it's obvs he meant it as sexy and not "take it off because its gonna get hot".
LOL good joke.

Like your claim that Moslems murder less, and disproved by your own source, eh?
Reply 204
LOL good joke.

Western countries do not carpet bomb civilians anymore, unless you think that Russia and Saudi Arabia are part of the West.
TSR is the most Islamophobic place online smh.
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
This happened in London.

Article 10 of the ECHR, give it a read
Original post by Connor27
Article 10 of the ECHR, give it a read

Did you read the conversation? I never said that it wasn't within Drake's rights to say what he did, I said the 1st amendment is irrelevant you inept fool.
Reply 208
Original post by Fusarium
TSR is the most Islamophobic place online smh.

You haven't searched very much.
Original post by Josb
Western countries do not carpet bomb civilians anymore, unless you think that Russia and Saudi Arabia are part of the West.

Actually I made a mistake by saying "west". I should have said non muslim nations to include Russia.

Original post by TheProphetsPath
..Yeah, i'm 100% sure he meant hot as in sexy bro. He wouldn't have said hot as in temperature, and he told her to take it off that was the main offensive part. Even if he didn't describe it as "Hot a** scarf" he told her to take it off which is disrespectful and offensive. But the addition of Hot a** was disrespectful too and he defo didn't mean it as in temperature wise.
Given the mood and environment and the way he said it, basically the whole context, it's obvs he meant it as sexy and not "take it off because its gonna get hot".

How do you know that he knew it was a hijab? Maybe he just thought it was a scarf He also didn't "tell" her to take it off, he said "you might want to take it off".

Another indication that he is suggesting it will be for her benefit, as it's going to get hot.

Be careful when you say things like that because you're basically lying. He did not tell her to take it off.

In fact the moderators should change the title of the thread as it's misleading.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
Did you read the conversation? I never said that it wasn't within Drake's rights to say what he did, I said the 1st amendment is irrelevant you inept fool.

I could've guessed a STEMtard would use an ad hominem, how reflective of your liberal tolerance and level of maturity!
Original post by Connor27
I could've guessed a STEMtard would use an ad hominem, how reflective of your liberal tolerance and level of maturity!

That wasn't an ad hom because this is not an argument, this is just you being an incompetent retard. **** off.
Original post by TheProphetsPath

Heat exhaustion is a pretty big thing at concerts, all those bodies jumping around rubbing against each other with plenty of drugs thrown in.
Reply 213
I'm not trying to legitimise anything but don't sit there and pretend the west does not commit mass murder.

7 million Jews ring a bell? Or you forgotten about that already? Stalin? Also indiscriminately bombing the living hell out of an civilian populated area does not count as war, that is deliberate mass murder.

The Final Solution was an internal policy of the German Government, so it's not the same as Dresden or 9/11. Same with Stalin and Mao's murders, although both of those countries are entirely or mostly in Asia and it's a pretty well-established fact that Communist states aren't "western" in the sense that you used the word.

We don't indiscriminately bomb civilian areas for no reason.
Reply 214
What implications? If you kill someone you go to prison. If I kill someone I risk going to the hellfire.
A good Muslim does not risk hellfire for committing a sin. Especially as you can have all your sins expunged by something as simple as pleasantly greeting another Muslim!

Hudhaifa ibn Al-Yaman reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, Verily, when the believer meets another believer and greets him with peace and shakes his hand, the sins of them both will shed like the shedding of the leaves of a tree.

Source: al-Muʻjam al-Awsaṭ 253

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

I'd say a Muslim is much less likely to kill than someone who is not Muslim.
Come on! That's a ridiculous assertion. It depends entirely on context. In the US, you would probably be correct. In Iraq, you would probably be wrong.

Ideologically, a Muslim is more likely to kill someone than a Humanist.
I'm not trying to legitimise anything but don't sit there and pretend the west does not commit mass murder.

7 million Jews ring a bell? Or you forgotten about that already? Stalin? Also indiscriminately bombing the living hell out of an civilian populated area does not count as war, that is deliberate mass murder.

Yes you are. Else you wouldn't try to "put it in context".

In addition, those are from 70-80 years ago. Safe to say we have learnt our lesson.

You clearly still haven't.
Some of these responses are shocking.
I'm Muslim and I don't wear the hijab- everyone has the right to wear whatever the hell they like and some people just need to back off.
Reply 217
I don't understand. I don't just obey Allah because I fear the punishments, I obey him because I want the rewards.
It's the same principle.
You should behave well because it is the right thing to do - and you understand that. Not because someone is threatening or bribing you.
Reply 218
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Why is this relevant? Read the thread title and post relevant things.

Evidently I was responding to some asinine thing somebody else had said. Read my whole post and reply relevant things.
Reply 219
No it's not a lot of the muslim countries are light blue compared to a lot of non muslim countries.

You can just google "murder rates by country" and check the details yourself. I'm not doing the research for you I'm too busy.
That map is pretty inconclusive as evidence as it also shows some Muslim countries with the highest rate, and some non-Muslim countries with the lowest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending