The Student Room Group

Relationship advice ??

(It*would*be*ideal*if*a*Muslim*responded,*but*it's*okay*if*you*aren't)

So basically, I've been talking to this guy since ramadan. And we got really close like we talk until 3am and stuff. However, I'm not interested in a relationship rn so I told him not now but he's very desperate for me, he said he will wait 2 years for me (bc ill finish college by then) He lives 2 hours away from me but he says we can meet up, but realistically, I don't wanna get married to him.

We did decide we'll talk after 2 years, so we blocked eachother but something happened so we started talking again. He sometimes asks me uncomfortable questions and idk what to say to that. He gets mad at me for having a puplic account on insta because I have over 1000 followers (I don't post my face)and he gets mad if I talk to a guy, but I saw him talk to a girl on snapchat and then he claims he doesn't talk to one 😭 (litterally said time sensitive) also, he's really serious about this "relationship" and he really wants to get my dads number.

But anyways, today I'm deciding to block him because I felt so guilty talking to him (I've told him before but he says we are just friends no more than that) I would like to focus on my deen and have no guy friends. I want to first get my education over and done with and then look for marriage.
But anyways, today is the day we decided we'll show eachother how we look like. I told him I'm not really ready but oh well. Im a hijabi but this is my first time sending a guy a pic of me without my hijab.

Idc if he's good looking or not, I just don't wanna get with this guy. So obviously, if I do reject him he'll assume its because of his looks. So, I'm kind of in a dilemma. What do i say to him when he sends his pic?? I can't just be brutally honest 😭😭
Reply 1
Astagfirullah, just break contact with him you shouldn’t be showing your hair to a man you don’t even want to get married to
Original post by Anonymous
(It*would*be*ideal*if*a*Muslim*responded,*but*it's*okay*if*you*aren't)

So basically, I've been talking to this guy since ramadan. And we got really close like we talk until 3am and stuff. However, I'm not interested in a relationship rn so I told him not now but he's very desperate for me, he said he will wait 2 years for me (bc ill finish college by then) He lives 2 hours away from me but he says we can meet up, but realistically, I don't wanna get married to him.

We did decide we'll talk after 2 years, so we blocked eachother but something happened so we started talking again. He sometimes asks me uncomfortable questions and idk what to say to that. He gets mad at me for having a puplic account on insta because I have over 1000 followers (I don't post my face)and he gets mad if I talk to a guy, but I saw him talk to a girl on snapchat and then he claims he doesn't talk to one 😭 (litterally said time sensitive) also, he's really serious about this "relationship" and he really wants to get my dads number.

But anyways, today I'm deciding to block him because I felt so guilty talking to him (I've told him before but he says we are just friends no more than that) I would like to focus on my deen and have no guy friends. I want to first get my education over and done with and then look for marriage.
But anyways, today is the day we decided we'll show eachother how we look like. I told him I'm not really ready but oh well. Im a hijabi but this is my first time sending a guy a pic of me without my hijab.

Idc if he's good looking or not, I just don't wanna get with this guy. So obviously, if I do reject him he'll assume its because of his looks. So, I'm kind of in a dilemma. What do i say to him when he sends his pic?? I can't just be brutally honest 😭😭

Hey I'm not a muslim but ur breaking a lot of religious rules rn so idk what exactly to say. Tell him before he sends the pic (if its snap then don't open the snap at all or open it after he's replied to ur breakup comment). Honestly just be straight w him tell him u wanna focus on ur deen and get ur education over with n stuff. From what u've written bout him he seems pretty toxic already, mad that u hv 1K followers? Mad if u talk to a guy but he's allowed to? Calling u sensitive is him literally gaslighting u and getting ur dad's number is a way he can sorta control u w it. I'm getting bad vibes from this guy break it off n run cuz he seems pretty toxic. Just say the truth that ur focusing on urself and if he has sum immature to say back bout it then block and delete thats all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending