The Student Room Group

I want to learn Arabic

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Learn the Saudi Dilect. The egyptian dilect is weird imo :smile:

Noo it's soo hard!! I'm Arab and I don't always understand it 😒😒
^ arabs fighting over which arabic should be learnt lmao

just forget arabic altogether and learn a real beautiful language i.e. Persian. :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Palmyra

just forget arabic altogether and learn a real beautiful language i.e. Persian. :smile:

:rofl:
Modern Standard Arabic, (Al- Fusha) is the most recognizable Arabic used around. People all the way from Morocco to Iraq will understand it.
you're welcome to ask if you have any more questions about Arabic :smile:
Original post by Palmyra

I disagree, i think Arabic is a way more beautiful language! P.s. Persian and Arabic look alike anyways :h:
aarrraaaabiaaa <3 ^^
Original post by Palmyra
Bittawfeeq ya hamar :smile:

Original post by Palmyra
i agree, saudi telhas teeze

Palmyra your Arabic is impressive :tongue:
Original post by Palmyra
i agree, saudi telhas teeze

Reported for swearing!!
Original post by Miss.Unknow
I disagree, i think Arabic is a way more beautiful language! P.s. Persian and Arabic look alike anyways :h:

triggered

pedar sag
Original post by Palmyra
triggered

pedar sag

tbh ur the one who sounds triggered af. Coming onto an ARABIC forum to shower us with ur hate :tongue: jelly someone wants to learn Arabic?
tbh ur the one who sounds triggered af. Coming onto an ARABIC forum to shower us with ur hate :tongue: jelly someone wants to learn Arabic?

the triggered was describing me, yes

this is a student forum, not an arab forum

why would i be jealous? people make bad decisions all the time, no sweat off my brow.
Original post by emerald7770
I know there are so many different dialects but which is the main one? The one that all of the Arabic speakers can understand even just a little bit. I've always wanted to learn it :smile:

The arabic taught at schools etc. is the formal arabic - الفصحى (fus-ha) which is the literary arabic. it is very, very difficult, and I am a 100% arab who has lived in an arabic country my whole life! if you want to learn a country dialect that all arabic speakers understand a little, i suggest one from the middle east such as UAE/Kuwait/Bahrain or the Sham i.e. Jordanian/Lebanese. Arabic from places such as Morocco, Libya and Yemen are generally more difficult to understand. I have friends from these countries that actually change their arabic when we are all speaking in a group together so that we can actually understand more
Original post by emerald7770
Yeah but what is that one? Like what ethnicity speaks Modern Standard Arabic?

modern standard arabic doesn't belong to a specific ethnicity. it is just the general arabic taught with the formal rules etc
Original post by Boondock Saint
No one speaks Modern Standard Arabic. Children grow up learning their own dialect at home and then when they get older they go to school and learn Modern Standard Arabic which is used for all reading and writing. Many will tell you that it's best to learn MSA on that basis because everyone understands it, which is true, but if you were to go to an Arab country and start speaking MSA, many people would probably find it quite funny and reply to you in their dialect anyway. All in all, it depends on what you want to learn Arabic for. If it's for religious or academic reasons, then yes, MSA is what you should be learning. But if it's for leisure, then I'd go with a dialect. In my view, the most commonly understood dialect is the Egyptian one and the resources on it are much more widely available than any other, however, the Palestinian/Jordanian dialect is also a good one to learn because it's the closest to MSA.

I understand all khaleeji accents and palestinian/jordanian/lebanese/syrian etc but egyptian is actually harder to understand! so many of their words are different and the way they talk is different
Classical arabic sounds the best. All the other "modern" dialects sounds horrible
Original post by Palmyra
the triggered was describing me, yes

this is a student forum, not an arab forum

why would i be jealous? people make bad decisions all the time, no sweat off my brow.

Exactly! This is a STUDENT FORUM, Op clearly asked that he wants to LEARN Arabic. Last time i checked, learning is what student do.
Clearly you sound like a jealous and triggered Persian (No offense to Persians, your are awesome people and i love all my friends )who is jealous that some people would chose Arabic over Persian.
Persian is a beautiful language just like Arabic, i even speak a little bit :smile: its just that a few rotten/ jealous trolls like you who annoy me. The bad decision you made is coming onto this forum to advertise yourself. :smile:
Exactly! This is a STUDENT FORUM, Op clearly asked that he wants to LEARN Arabic. Last time i checked, learning is what student do.
Clearly you sound like a jealous and triggered Persian (No offense to Persians, your are awesome people and i love all my friends )who is jealous that some people would chose Arabic over Persian.
Persian is a beautiful language just like Arabic, i even speak a little bit :smile: its just that a few rotten/ jealous trolls like you who annoy me. The bad decision you made is coming onto this forum to advertise yourself. :smile:

Don't let the Persian cat annoy you. I don't think he got his belly rub today.
Original post by Palmyra
tldr

marg bar arabs

Aka i dont have anything else to say
i honestly cant read what your saying. Please translate
Original post by Al-farhan
Don't let the Persian cat annoy you. I don't think he got his belly rub today.

Noo dont compare a beautiful Persian cat to Mr grumpy. I have a Persian cat and she just got offended :colondollar::tongue:
His mama didnt hug him today i guess.
Original post by Palmyra
gonna get carded for this but yolo

Spoiler

Jokes on you

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest