The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spikyphoenix
Just got a pre-interview rejection.
Wtf.
I thought my application was strong.
They said
"Thank you for your application to King's College London. Your application has now been carefully considered. Whilst you meet the entrance requirements for the programme, applications are considered in a competitive environment. We have received many applications this year and due to the competition for places have had to disappoint many candidates. Therefore, I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.

May we take this opportunity to wish you every success with future applications."

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear that, that sucks. I remember you from this thread and I was so rooting for you. I hope you're feeling ok :frown:
Original post by Lostperson
SOrry to hear :frown: I probably have one coming my way... what are you stats like ?

42/45 IB predicted 777 HLs
817 UKCAT avg
GCSEs 10A*s 3As

I'm an international applicant
817 UKCAT avg
GCSEs 10A*s 3As

Those are solid stats mate. Maybe the international competition was tough? I'm shocked.
Those are solid stats mate. Maybe the international competition was tough? I'm shocked.

I had international applicant friends with lower stats than me getting interviews.
I had international applicant friends with lower stats than me getting interviews.

What about the personal statement ? Do you think they read into that? Cause it's holistic . I haven't heard back but not holding my breath either ... 700 UKCAT , 2:1 degree and an MSc from Oxford .
What about the personal statement ? Do you think they read into that? Cause it's holistic . I haven't heard back but not holding my breath either ... 700 UKCAT , 2:1 degree and an MSc from Oxford .

Idk I felt that my personal statement was good.
I had gotten interviews at Exeter and Barts (which is more competitive than King's) so I thought that I had a good chance of getting one from King's. It was really shocking.

I guess it's your personal statement, I ave an interview and got way lower stats and I'm an international student too. Personal statement is very subjective to opinion though so hopefully you'll have offers elsewhere!
817 UKCAT avg
GCSEs 10A*s 3As

You have a glowing stats !! I hope you hear offers from other Universities
817 UKCAT avg
GCSEs 10A*s 3As

They definitely made a mistake lol 😂
This is a question to people who have had their interviews. Apologies in advance if these questions have been asked before. Also, if you are not allowed to share this information, please just say so- I am not trying to gain info that is not allowed to be shared!

- how much prep time is given before an MMI station? Is the prep time outside the room where the interview takes place or in the room?
- how many interviewers are there?

thank you in advance!
Original post by thatawesomekid
They definitely made a mistake lol 😂

Nah, it's infinitely harder for internationals.
There's only 30 places for international students on the A100 course at kings so the standards and competition is a lot higher if you're international

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArtScience
This is a question to people who have had their interviews. Apologies in advance if these questions have been asked before. Also, if you are not allowed to share this information, please just say so- I am not trying to gain info that is not allowed to be shared!

- how much prep time is given before an MMI station? Is the prep time outside the room where the interview takes place or in the room?
- how many interviewers are there?

thank you in advance!

There's no prep - I think we had 2 mins of rest between stations, and then we went to the next one and they started asking the questions. There are 7 stations with one interviewer in each. :smile:
Is it weird that I have not received anything from kings yet? No confirmation of getting my application, no rejection and no interview invite...nothing.........
Original post by Patrycja,o
Is it weird that I have not received anything from kings yet? No confirmation of getting my application, no rejection and no interview invite...nothing.........

There are others here who haven't received interview invites or pre-interview rejections but you definitely should've received a confirmation of receiving your application. Are you sure you haven't - did you get an email giving you your King's apply portal password?
Original post by StationToStation
There are others here who haven't received interview invites or pre-interview rejections but you definitely should've received a confirmation of receiving your application. Are you sure you haven't - did you get an email giving you your King's apply portal password?

no i haven't but i know someone who also hasn't received the portal login and she got an interview a while back.... it's very weird... should I contact them?
no i haven't but i know someone who also hasn't received the portal login and she got an interview a while back.... it's very weird... should I contact them?

I'm in the same boat as you!
Original post by Heidirennie31
I'm in the same boat as you!

Same .... I emailed them they said my app isn't still being considered . I didn't receive a confirmation either .
Original post by Pantego
There's only 30 places for international students on the A100 course at kings so the standards and competition is a lot higher if you're international

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't make sense as I've had interviews from way more competitive and selective unis for medicine.

What?? I got mine the day I submitted my application. Do contact them yeah, that sounds really weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending