Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No I haven't heard from them, Middlesex, Essex, Greenwich and west London
London South Bank University
London South Bank University
London
Original post by Afuaa
No I haven't heard from them, Middlesex, Essex, Greenwich and west London

@Afuaa Oh ok, I know someone else who had an interview with LSBU last Thursday she still hasn't heard I just hope they get back to you both between now and Friday, all this waiting is a lot...:smile: It got to me all this waiting into the unknown, they are pretty quick, so I know you will definitely hear sooner rather than later, let me know how its goes. Greenwich and Middlesex are great universities, I applied to West London too, got invited to the selection day but I withdrew as you know and Essex I was unsuccessful at application:frown: I wish they interviewed me before making the decision to reject my application with not so much of an explanation just a generic email such as were not able to offer you a place....:s-smilie: So you had your interview at LSBU last friday, have you heard from the other universities yet?
Reply 22
Went for the maths and English test on Saturday.did you do the test with Essex
Original post by Afuaa
Went for the maths and English test on Saturday.did you do the test with Essex

Hey, @Afuaa I was unsuccessful with Essex at application not even so much as an interview, their feedback was I didn't meet entry requirements and they are unable to offer me a place so yeah! I haven't done so well because I wasn't given the chance to show 2 universities what I can do. I have done 2 interviews tho, 1 at Bedfordshire and the second at London South Bank.

I applied to:

1. Bedfordshire - Attended interview but didn't meet entry requirements apparently so application for nursing rejected, I was offered an alternative foundation year course in Health and Social Care :frown:

2. Anglia Ruskin (Chelmsford), unsuccessful at application again didn't meet entry requirements again :frown:

3. West London - Invited to selection day, I withdrew my application it was just too far from where I live something like 3 hours away, too far away from family for me.:s-smilie:

4. Essex - Unsuccessful at application as detailed above:frown:

5. First Choice - London South Bank University (Unconditional offer for Adult Nursing Sept 2017 intake):colondollar:

So you have heard from Essex and LSBU, what about the others? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
I have the test for Essex and west London next month
Original post by Afuaa
I have the test for Essex and west London next month

Good luck in your upcoming interviews:smile:, any news from Greenwich or Middlesex yet? if so, I hope you get offers soon, let me know if LSBU get back to you :smile:
Reply 26
can you private message me asap, the questions that will come up for the interview in LSBU - My interview is in a couple of hours!!
Original post by marwaf
can you private message me asap, the questions that will come up for the interview in LSBU - My interview is in a couple of hours!!

Hey, @marwaf, I have only just seen your post :smile:, I have given some detail of the interview type and structure above, please review my recent posts, good luck at your LSBU interview, let me know how it goes, you should hear from them within a week normally so fingers crossed your offered a place, be nice to meet you in September, which campus did you apply to Southwark or Havering? Where else have you applied to? Is LSBU your first choice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
@nelfran29 I am having an interview in next two weeks, I have very nervous about the interview questions and I dont know what the scenario questions will be based on, could you roughly give an idea please? I have been rejected in all four universities. This is my only option to do better :frown:
Hi, @marwaf Please see post above replying to your question, I also Private Messaged you, hope you found my advice helpful, how did your interview go at LSBU? When are you likely to hear? Is LSBU your first choice? Where else did you apply to? Any offers, awaiting responses? any upcoming interviews anywhere else?:smile: Let me know, I wasn't able to tag you before it seems to be working now tho :smile:
Original post by Heph
@nelfran29 I am having an interview in next two weeks, I have very nervous about the interview questions and I dont know what the scenario questions will be based on, could you roughly give an idea please? I have been rejected in all four universities. This is my only option to do better :frown:

Hi, @Heph, Congrats on passing the Maths and English and now invited to interview at LSBU:smile: I am sorry to hear about your rejections. I have posted some advice on MMI's at LSBU for Adult Nursing above:wink: Which branch did you apply to (Adult, Child, Learning Disability, Mental Health) BSC or PGDIP? What happened at the other universities where else did you apply to? Reflection is a biggie for you, write down what you think went well in other interviews and what didn't go so well on your part, I know you were rejected but thinking about this will help you prepare for your last interview at LSBU. I know how you feel, I too have 3 rejections:frown:

Advice on LSBU's MMI interview, It is the last part of the assessment procedure and your chance to explain face to face why you are the right student for the course. So try to match your skills, qualities, and attitude to nurses'. Revisit the specific skills, qualities and attitudes of everyday nurses' and this should help you answer questions. Look at the NHS Values and NMC Code. Do some research around healthcare, what's going on in the media at the moment?
What does healthcare mean to you, I can't really predict which scenario questions will come up because they change so frequently. No two interviews are the same I am afraid and I guess the reason for this is to give each prospective student an equal chance of shining and proving themselves and it stops people passing the information on which is likely to happen. I wouldn't worry too much, because with MMI's it has been said that there are no right or wrong answers, which is kinda true because we are all different and will approach things differently. MMI scenarios and situational questions are presented in a way to see how we react in different situations. So the question will be set up to answer questions such as does this student an understanding of what needs to be done in this situation, do they apply knowledge, critical thinking, approach others for help working collaboratively (teamwork) do they put patients at the heart of their decision, do they involve patients in their care and consult families without the patients' permission, does the student ask for consent before caring for the patient, does the student respect the patients' dignity, are you displaying compassionate care (seeing the world in the eyes of the patient) It's stuff like that, The MMI's are not hard, but I would advise you to be aware that healthcare is ever changing and the situations the interviewers present to you isn't made to throw you it's just there to see the type of student you are. You have applied for a professional degree which gives us professional status and once we qualify we will then have to register with the NMC. Don't let the thought of MMI's scare you, they are actually quite enjoyable because you come across different people from different backgrounds, you could be interviewed by anyone, lecturers, health professionals the scope is broad.

When answering the questions have all these things in mind, they are not there to throw you but support you, the interviewers are lovely, just channel you nerves in a positive way, you want this so bad, so fight for it, give your all, you have 4 mins to answer the questions so breathe, smile and answer with your heart and give your best answer and be honest and always have your patients; in mind.

Again with the MMI, you will be asked a number of healthcare related questions around the branch you applied for. These are realistic scenarios too and may come up in your working life as a nurse so bare that in mind. You could get any question and it's hard to tell what will come up. Just think about healthcare as a whole, check out Youtube and see what nurses' have to do every day and deal with. I really hope you ace your MMI because nursing is a great career and universities takes nerves into account, just do your best and smile and engage with the interviewer as you would a patient. Take every question and give them your all, you can do this, if you have any more questions, send me a private message if that's easier. Good luck and let me know how it goes.:smile:

I applied for Adult Nursing at LSBU for Sept 2017 intake and will be going to the Havering Campus. I also have an unconditional offer and have accepted and firmed LSBU :smile:

I hope my advice helped:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
@Heph, Also check out the interview guidance on LSBU's website it gives you tips to prepare too, there should also be a direct link within your interview invitation on UCAS Track :smile: Good luck, let me know how it goes :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Hi nelfran29, how long did you have to wait before hearing from south bank after your interview. It's two weeks now, that I did my interview and I haven't heard anything from them.thanks
Original post by Afuaa
Hi nelfran29, how long did you have to wait before hearing from south bank after your interview. It's two weeks now, that I did my interview and I haven't heard anything from them.thanks

Hi, @Afuaa I received an email from LSBU the day after interview requesting a scanned copy of my passport and criminal record disclosure which some people do at interview stage, I did phone before my interview to see if I needed to bring this documentation but they said if you need it after interview they will contact me. I replied to their email the same day all in all took after 4 weeks to get my offer, some people who had interviews recently heard back within a couple of days to a week, so I think you should give them a call if you don't hear by Friday this week, because they did say you should hear within 2 weeks and others have had offers then again everyone is different, look at my situation took them a whole month so don't worry. But if you really do need a peace of mind give them a call at your earliest convenience :smile: Are you ready for Essex and West London?
@Heph I replied to your post above, if you need further advice let me know :smile: and good luck again :h:
Reply 35
Original post by nelfran29
Hi, @Afuaa I received an email from LSBU the day after interview requesting a scanned copy of my passport and criminal record disclosure which some people do at interview stage, I did phone before my interview to see if I needed to bring this documentation but they said if you need it after interview they will contact me. I replied to their email the same day all in all took after 4 weeks to get my offer, some people who had interviews recently heard back within a couple of days to a week, so I think you should give them a call if you don't hear by Friday this week, because they did say you should hear within 2 weeks and others have had offers then again everyone is different, look at my situation took them a whole month so don't worry. But if you really do need a peace of mind give them a call at your earliest convenience :smile: Are you ready for Essex and West London?

I remember you said you know someone who went on the same day with me,as she heard from them.
Original post by Afuaa
I remember you said you know someone who went on the same day with me,as she heard from them.

Hey @Afuaa I know one lady who went I believe 2 days before you got an offer another lady who went on the same day as you, I haven't heard from them :smile:
Like I said before if it has been exactly 2 weeks since your interview, give admissions a call tomorrow no harm done asking. :smile:
Reply 37
Hey @Afuaa I know one lady who went I believe 2 days before you got an offer another lady who went on the same day as you, I haven't heard from them :smile:
Like I said before if it has been exactly 2 weeks since your interview, give admissions a call tomorrow no harm done asking. :smile:

I will call them tomorrow. Thanks
Original post by Afuaa
I will call them tomorrow. Thanks

That's great, let me know what happens
Reply 39
That's great, let me know what happens

I will definitely let you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending