The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bright_Gift
Help!! When I walk into my interview, should I shake the hands of all 4 people? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes definitely
Original post by iamDev
Yes definitely

Got it! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do I need to bring a portfolio of achievements and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer! Interview 1st march 😋
Original post by woojinhyuk

Just now? Or last night at 10.01😂 CONGRATULATIONS!!🎉🎊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well earlier but just checked 😅. And thanks, congrats to you too, might see you there lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Well earlier but just checked 😅. And thanks, congrats to you too, might see you there lol

If I miraculously manage to get the grades then yhh😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
Help!! When I walk into my interview, should I shake the hands of all 4 people? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did whilst coming and leaving

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1848

Congratulations! I was interviewed that day too :smile:
All those with offers, please give me some last minute advice! I've got mine tomorrow.
Anything you guys wish you had done or prepared for? Anything to do to control nerves?
How to not get nervous midway through?
I want this offer so much 😳
Reply 1850
Original post by Ashy99
If I miraculously manage to get the grades then yhh😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard back ?
Original post by Trynagetintouni
All those with offers, please give me some last minute advice! I've got mine tomorrow.
Anything you guys wish you had done or prepared for? Anything to do to control nerves?
How to not get nervous midway through?
I want this offer so much 😳

They will know you want it!! Honestly, I think I came out saying to myself I hadnt said half as much stuff as I wanted to say. I think the main thing would be to make sure to smile and stay confident. I was told that if you get nervous look at the med student, they can be more encouraging. Have good posture, this seemed to help nerves too because unconsciously your telling yourself that you can do it :smile: Try to use their questioning to your advantage so you can really show all your hard work, and if you cant answer dont panic, it happens. Remember they are on your side and they want to give you that offer!! Good luck, you'll be amazing💕

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought I done very good ... surprised with a rejection !?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashy99
They will know you want it!! Honestly, I think I came out saying to myself I hadnt said half as much stuff as I wanted to say. I think the main thing would be to make sure to smile and stay confident. I was told that if you get nervous look at the med student, they can be more encouraging. Have good posture, this seemed to help nerves too because unconsciously your telling yourself that you can do it :smile: Try to use their questioning to your advantage so you can really show all your hard work, and if you cant answer dont panic, it happens. Remember they are on your side and they want to give you that offer!! Good luck, you'll be amazing💕

Posted from TSR Mobile

So so helpful, thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SonicSam

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry to hear that! These things can be so unpredictable, have you got any other offers to keep you warm at night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mz123
Have you heard back ?

I did yh, I got the offer, it took 12 days :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a fb group for offer holders?
Original post by SonicSam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were you an international?
I'm nervous about what they would ask about my personal statement.
if i said i volunteered at a dementia care home, will they ask me about dementia facts or at a special needs school- will ask me about different diseases. i'm nervous that at the time I'll have a mind blank. Or an oncology clinic: will they ask me about different types of cancers?
i did a course and wrote about it on my ps: will they ask me scientific questions on the topics from the course: should I revise?
i think i'm just having last minute nerves but I'm nervous that I won't be completely prepared or they'll come out with something I won't know how to answer.
what sort of questions do they ask regarding your personal statement?
Original post by Trynagetintouni
I'm nervous about what they would ask about my personal statement.
if i said i volunteered at a dementia care home, will they ask me about dementia facts or at a special needs school- will ask me about different diseases. i'm nervous that at the time I'll have a mind blank. Or an oncology clinic: will they ask me about different types of cancers?
i did a course and wrote about it on my ps: will they ask me scientific questions on the topics from the course: should I revise?
i think i'm just having last minute nerves but I'm nervous that I won't be completely prepared or they'll come out with something I won't know how to answer.
what sort of questions do they ask regarding your personal statement?

Id say theyre more like, what did you learn from this or difficulties of medicine etc. They dont have very long to grill you to the bone so don't panic! Its good to read up on all your subjects though, you won't be expected to know everything but a decent understanding is good. Good luck, you'll do great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending