The Student Room Group

Strathclyde or Stirling

I currently hold offers from both universities to study Law and they have the same conditional therefore have to choose one as my top choice, but I am struggling to pick. Can anyone offer any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by AmyJeanManson
I currently hold offers from both universities to study Law and they have the same conditional therefore have to choose one as my top choice, but I am struggling to pick. Can anyone offer any advice?

Definitely Strathclyde, what were your grades to get a conditional can I ask?🙂
Original post by Stoody
Definitely Strathclyde, what were your grades to get a conditional can I ask?🙂

Why definetly Strathclyde? :smile: It does seem like a more impressive university to attend when you apply for jobs, but it's ranked lower that stirling on the complete univeristy guide. I had a pretty poor set of results, BBCDD, due to taking math/science subjects which aren't my strong point, so thankfully received a conditional of AAA, I'm taking music history and geography this year and achieved those grades in my prelims so I'm feeling hopeful.
Reply 3
Original post by AmyJeanManson
Why definetly Strathclyde? :smile: It does seem like a more impressive university to attend when you apply for jobs, but it's ranked lower that stirling on the complete univeristy guide. I had a pretty poor set of results, BBCDD, due to taking math/science subjects which aren't my strong point, so thankfully received a conditional of AAA, I'm taking music history and geography this year and achieved those grades in my prelims so I'm feeling hopeful.

I don't know if you were looking at the overall ranking for the university but in terms of the law department Strathclyde is 4th in Scotland in 14th in the UK and is much further ahead than Sterling, I know if i were you I'd definitely pick Strathclyde but it's up to you of course
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?r=Scotland&s=law
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending