The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, has anyone else been deferred to the 2018 entry like me? Would like to connect :smile:

I'm an overseas graduate applicant, interview was Mar 28 and offer was Apr 4. Time to find a job!
Original post by Patrycja,o
Conditional offer AAA even better than i expected xDD

noooo way I didn't know they did AAA?!
Original post by Samyak!
noooo way I didn't know they did AAA?!

I think it's maybe only if you are at an underperforming school or something like that
Original post by Happyals
I think it's maybe only if you are at an underperforming school or something like that

I don't think so tbh... my sixth form is one of the really good ones, they don't even let people who didn't get CCC in their AS to go on to A2. I don't know if that makes it good or not but a lot of people get very high grades for the subjects they do.
Reply 2044

My school is :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: and I got A*AA
I don't think so tbh... my sixth form is one of the really good ones, they don't even let people who didn't get CCC in their AS to go on to A2. I don't know if that makes it good or not but a lot of people get very high grades for the subjects they do.

Ah maybe not then, I just thought that as when someone asked at an open day when do they give AAA offers they said widening participation/underperforming school or when someone already has an A* grade in an A level but maybe there's other reasons too 😊

I think so too I got AAA and my sixth form is pretty bad, my school is legible for contextual offers from other unis so maybe that might be it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah maybe not then, I just thought that as when someone asked at an open day when do they give AAA offers they said widening participation/underperforming school or when someone already has an A* grade in an A level but maybe there's other reasons too 😊

Someone from my school received an A*AA Offer for medicine
Someone from my school received an A*AA Offer for medicine

That's the standard offer for medicine at Imperial.
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
That's the standard offer for medicine at Imperial.

Yes I know that, in the context of the previous discussion, if schools that under perform get lower offers, in her case she received a normal offer so it probably has nothing to do with my school ....
Original post by Dragonballov
Did anyone get an email detailing the questions asked at interview and examples of good/bad answers?

Also, did any graduates get a form asking for it to be filled in about the modules taken as an undergraduate etc. I've heard people got this with their interview offer emails. I didn't and on the day it came as a surprise ...

Yes and Yes, to both. I'm an overseas graduate applicant who was just accepted (yay!) but before they posted my acceptance, I had to turn in the "Graduate Medicine Checklist" which was signed by a department head and stamped/sealed by my uni in the U.S.. Essentially it shows that you've taken the proper biology biochemistry courses etc etc
Does anyone know what we have to do for the "completed DBS form and required documents" that's written in the offer.
Reply 2052
On the facebook offer holder page, they said that they are sending out our offer holder packs and that we should receive them soon. All information about DBS and 'required' documents will be in there.
Original post by Ashy99
Does anyone know what we have to do for the "completed DBS form and required documents" that's written in the offer.

Thats just a form that says "I'm not a criminal, pls let me study medicine". Like the guy above me said, just complete it and send it to the DBS authority when it comes.
Has anyone received an offer holders pack???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Has anyone received an offer holders pack???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope not yet.....:s-smilie:
@usycool1 do you know as an Imperial MBBS student would they allow you to intercalate at a different uni if they don't do the ibsc you want to do?
Thanks
@usycool1 do you know as an Imperial MBBS student would they allow you to intercalate at a different uni if they don't do the ibsc you want to do?
Thanks

Yes, although you'll end up wasting a fair amount of time in Year 1/2 if you do that (you have assignments in those years that count towards your BSc mark for Imperial's BSc's).
Original post by usycool1
Yes, although you'll end up wasting a fair amount of time in Year 1/2 if you do that (you have assignments in those years that count towards your BSc mark for Imperial's BSc's).

Oh ok thanks, fair point!
Is it just me, or has no one received an offer holders pack yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending