The Student Room Group

Got kicked out of my IT course in sixth form

I got kicked because i didn't hand a controlled assessment which is completely my fault but i just want to know if this will affect my future, i've got 3 other A-levels (English Literature and Businesses BTEC level 2, the sixth form say the BTEC is worth two) Thank you
Nobody cares big man
Original post by riasam1991
I got kicked because i didn't hand a controlled assessment which is completely my fault but i just want to know if this will affect my future, i've got 3 other A-levels (English Literature and Businesses BTEC level 2, the sixth form say the BTEC is worth two) Thank you

It doesn't matter particularly. However, I believe it is the BTEC level 3 Diploma that is equal to 2 A levels (the Extended Diploma being equal to 3). I'd advise you to check exactly which qualification you are doing to be sure.

How is a level 2 BTEC worth 2 A levels? I would get that checked.

You sound as though you are making things very difficult for yourself and making it more likely you will have a poor choice of universities.
Reply 4
Well the BTEC course is set as if i'm doing level 3. The classes have a mix of both level 2 and 3 but we all do level 3 work however level 2 students don't some units that level 3 students do.
Reply 5
Well the BTEC course is set as if i'm doing level 3. The classes have a mix of both level 2 and 3 but we all do level 3 work however level 2 students don't some units that level 3 students do.

A Level 2 is equivalent to no A Levels. So you'll have 1 A Level when you leave. You won't find a uni that accepts this.

Quick Reply

Latest