The Student Room Group

Btec applied science Unit 1 and 3 past papers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by britishgreg
tbh i dont remember the question exactly but i think it was to do with percentages

Tbh I can't really remember what I wrote because I done my exam on Tuesday. I'm still confused on wether we done the same exam or not though, was your section B (second half) of your exam about diffusion or not?
Original post by Btecstudent98
Tbh I can't really remember what I wrote because I done my exam on Tuesday. I'm still confused on wether we done the same exam or not though, was your section B (second half) of your exam about diffusion or not?

see now im confused because mine was to do with energy content of fuels
Original post by britishgreg
see now im confused because mine was to do with energy content of fuels

So your section A was about plants and section B about fuels? This is confusing
Reply 23
Did you guys not realise that they would change it?
What do you mean?
Original post by sayan999

No the exam is the same for everyone and my teacher assured it too. What was your section B about?
Original post by Crzylissy
Our section B was about reactivity metals, and testing them☹️

What?! Are you sure? I swear everyone was suppose to get the same one?
I am yet to do my exam could you please tell me what came up on the plants and environment section and the other section. OR what they asked for in the plants and environment section . Much appreciated if you could tell me
What topics came up in the exams ??
Yes, 100% first bit was about planning the investigation to find out which medals were most reactive and second bit was about bubbles counted or something.
My teacher was saying it was unfair cause that practical wasn't on unit 3 spec

what did your teachers do about it?
Nowt, they just commented on how it wasn't on spec for unit 3 stuff :frown:

so your school did a different test to everyone else?
Original post by Bobby Axelrod
Ok, so i can get this straight WHO HAS ACTUALLY DONE THE PAPER?

I did it on friday
Above you wrote that you wanted to to know the topic and now you speaking poop.

mate, i asked what that persons teachers did about the fact that they had metals for section B.......
Don't know, don't see why we would have different, is there more than one exam board that do applied science?

we followed pearsons wbu?
On mine it was the practical for reactivity metals for section B, but everyone else's seems different so not too sure if yours would be the same

But your section A was the same as mine where we did plants and pH?
Yes that was same, with percentage errors and stuff?

So your school seems like the only one which did metals then?
Yep, percantage errors were on my paper but my school hinted that it will be diffusion.

same!!!
To all the people that have already done the exam what topics came up in section A and B ??
Reply 38
For section plants and for section b displacement reaction between metal and metal salt solutions.
For section plants and for section b displacement reaction between metal and metal salt solutions.

But some people are saying diffusion to do with bubbles etc came up and plus we never learnt about metal reactions ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending