The Student Room Group

Leiden University Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by #gabby#
Oh that's amazing! I'm trying to pick up a couple of words here and there haha:smile: I think because I speak Swedish and a bit of German it shouldn't be tooo hard to partially learn, because there are certain similarities between them?!

Haha thanks :smile: It's relatively easy to pick up phrases I think, so I'm sure you'll be fine! It's very similar to German
Reply 41
Original post by justaprank
I actually live in Paris :-)
Well there's English anyway but I don't think learning Dutch will be that difficult :smile:

no wayy, I'm very jealous haha!!:smile: I'm just worried it's going to be an issue when looking for a job, but that's something to worry about once I get there aha
Reply 42
Original post by Jenn13497
Haha thanks :smile: It's relatively easy to pick up phrases I think, so I'm sure you'll be fine! It's very similar to German

Ok good to know, I'm going to try my best to learn the main phrases over summer:smile:
Original post by #gabby#
Ok good to know, I'm going to try my best to learn the main phrases over summer:smile:

The Duolingo app is really good for practicing phrases! :smile:
Reply 44
The Duolingo app is really good for practicing phrases! :smile:

Fab, thank you!!:smile: did you apply for any unis in the UK btw?
Original post by #gabby#
Fab, thank you!!:smile: did you apply for any unis in the UK btw?

Yeah I applied to a few, but for European Law. I think I selected Westminster and Nottingham as my firm choices :smile: did you?
Reply 46
Yeah I applied to a few, but for European Law. I think I selected Westminster and Nottingham as my firm choices :smile: did you?

Ahh ok! Yeah I firmed King's and Manchester for international relations, but Leiden is definitely my first choice:smile:
Original post by #gabby#
Ahh ok! Yeah I firmed King's and Manchester for international relations, but Leiden is definitely my first choice:smile:

Nice! Yeah it's mine too :smile: did you go to the open day?
Reply 48
Nice! Yeah it's mine too :smile: did you go to the open day?

No unfortunately I missed it as I went to the Groningen open day, but I did visit The Hague anyway and talked to one of the lecturers:smile: did you go?
Original post by #gabby#
No unfortunately I missed it as I went to the Groningen open day, but I did visit The Hague anyway and talked to one of the lecturers:smile: did you go?

Ohh ok, I missed it too, but I went to the experience day :smile: I also went to the open days at Groningen and Maastricht, I'm rubbish at making a decision!
Reply 50
Ohh ok, I missed it too, but I went to the experience day :smile: I also went to the open days at Groningen and Maastricht, I'm rubbish at making a decision!

haha, omg I'm rubbish at making decisions too!:smile: I applied to and got a place at Groningen - it was only a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to definitely go to Leiden aha!!
Original post by #gabby#
haha, omg I'm rubbish at making decisions too!:smile: I applied to and got a place at Groningen - it was only a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to definitely go to Leiden aha!!

Haha me too! I decided just before he deadline to apply, had to write a new letter of motivation quite quickly!!
Original post by #gabby#
no wayy, I'm very jealous haha!!:smile: I'm just worried it's going to be an issue when looking for a job, but that's something to worry about once I get there aha

I'm sure you'll do fine don't worry :smile:
Reply 53
Haha me too! I decided just before he deadline to apply, had to write a new letter of motivation quite quickly!!

ahaha yes omg I literally (wish I was joking) applied the day before the deadline!! But we made it haha, so we should be very happy:smile:
Reply 54
I'm sure you'll do fine don't worry :smile:

ahh thanks, I'm trying not to! so will you be going to the induction week?:smile:
Original post by #gabby#
ahh thanks, I'm trying not to! so will you be going to the induction week?:smile:

Yes I will ! I guess we'll see us there ? :-)
I'm pretty sure it's going to be fun
Reply 56
Yes I will ! I guess we'll see us there ? :-)
I'm pretty sure it's going to be fun

Awesome, and yes definitely!!:smile: Yeh I think it's gonna be awesome, can't wait!
Lovely place, hope you all enjoy it there.
Reply 58
Original post by barnetlad
Lovely place, hope you all enjoy it there.

Thank you!:smile: I've only been there once, but am already in love with it!
Hi, has anyone had any luck finding a house? I just got an email saying that there's no space and I have to find a house myself, bit late notice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending