The Student Room Group

Timelines for International Application

I am going to apply for a postgraduate course at the University of Greenwich and I am an international student. I just wanted to make sure that I understand the procedure and timeline correctly so that the application would be proper. Please let me know if this is correct:

1) Apply online through the University website along with transcript, degree certificate, Statement of Purpose, Letter of recommendation and CV

2) Wait for the conditional offer letter from the University (which will probably have IELTS requirement)

3) Schedule and take the IELTS exam

4) Respond to the unconditional letter with the IELTS score (6.5 or above) and pay the registration fees (3000 GBP I think)

5) Get CAS from the University

6) Apply for Tier 4 student visa online via visa4uk website, pay visa fees and take appointment at UK visa center for interview

7) Once the visa is approved, travel to UK and join the University

8) Pay the remaining fees (after deducting the registration fees paid earlier)

Is the above timeline correct or is there anything else that I have to be aware of?

I am not sure if there will be an online interview with the university after #4?

I can show enough funds in my bank account anytime for the expenses which I think will be checked by the Home Office when I apply for the visa. However for the course fees, I intend to apply for a student loan in my country. At what point of time should I get the student loan approved?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by ArunKD
I am going to apply for a postgraduate course at the University of Greenwich and I am an international student. I just wanted to make sure that I understand the procedure and timeline correctly so that the application would be proper. Please let me know if this is correct:

1) Apply online through the University website along with transcript, degree certificate, Statement of Purpose, Letter of recommendation and CV

2) Wait for the conditional offer letter from the University (which will probably have IELTS requirement)

3) Schedule and take the IELTS exam

4) Respond to the unconditional letter with the IELTS score (6.5 or above) and pay the registration fees (3000 GBP I think)

5) Get CAS from the University

6) Apply for Tier 4 student visa online via visa4uk website, pay visa fees and take appointment at UK visa center for interview

7) Once the visa is approved, travel to UK and join the University

8) Pay the remaining fees (after deducting the registration fees paid earlier)

Is the above timeline correct or is there anything else that I have to be aware of?

I am not sure if there will be an online interview with the university after #4?

I can show enough funds in my bank account anytime for the expenses which I think will be checked by the Home Office when I apply for the visa. However for the course fees, I intend to apply for a student loan in my country. At what point of time should I get the student loan approved?

Thanks in advance!

That looks about right.

If you ever get stuck then the international team at the university you're applying to should be able to help you navigate their systems.

I'd recommend applying for a loan as soon as possible.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
That looks about right.

If you ever get stuck then the international team at the university you're applying to should be able to help you navigate their systems.

I'd recommend applying for a loan as soon as possible.

Thanks for the reply! It looks like I can apply for the education loan after getting the CAS letter from the university as the loan eligibility requirement says:

UK Applicant: CAS Letter
Original post by ArunKD
Thanks for the reply! It looks like I can apply for the education loan after getting the CAS letter from the university as the loan eligibility requirement says:

UK Applicant: CAS Letter

You'll only get a CAS once you've met your offer conditions - so try to get booked in to an early IELTS test if you can to save leaving things until the last minute

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending