The Student Room Group

Opinions on diet

Hi everyone!:smile: Just wondered if i could get some opinions on my diet at the moment? I am an 18yo girl who swims/ runs most days.

Heres a typical day:

Supplements: tablespoon cod liver oil daily, multivitamin

Breakfast; mango smoothie concoction consisting of 1 whole mango, 1 whole avocado some kale, almond milk and vanilla

snack/refreshment: around a pint of regular milk/ soy milk with honey (don't ask I'm addicted to this..)

lunch: cooked veggie salad: carrots, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, pepper, tomato, cucumber, nuts, olives, spinach leaves

dinner: usually fish or/ and eggs with more vegetables

night snack: quite a large assortment of fruit: strawberries, raspberries , blueberries melon, orange, (for example)

am I getting enough? I feel fine, but i have quite a skinny build naturally, any thoughts most welcome :smile:
Original post by marinacalder
Hi everyone!:smile: Just wondered if i could get some opinions on my diet at the moment? I am an 18yo girl who swims/ runs most days.

Heres a typical day:

Supplements: tablespoon cod liver oil daily, multivitamin

Breakfast; mango smoothie concoction consisting of 1 whole mango, 1 whole avocado some kale, almond milk and vanilla

snack/refreshment: around a pint of regular milk/ soy milk with honey (don't ask I'm addicted to this..)

lunch: cooked veggie salad: carrots, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, pepper, tomato, cucumber, nuts, olives, spinach leaves

dinner: usually fish or/ and eggs with more vegetables

night snack: quite a large assortment of fruit: strawberries, raspberries , blueberries melon, orange, (for example)

am I getting enough? I feel fine, but i have quite a skinny build naturally, any thoughts most welcome :smile:

Looks good to me. Lean protein, plenty of fruits and vegetables. You could maybe do with a few more starchy whole-grain carbohydrates though - there's an awful lot of sugar in this diet and not much starch. Having a large bowl of sugar as a night-time snack is not a terribly good idea either - it's going to send your blood sugar up just before bedtime, and you know how your body is going to deal with that excess glucose!

Overall, it's good. Just a few tweaks necessary regarding carbohydrate. Oh, and the multivitamin is entirely unnecessary - save your money.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
Looks good to me. Lean protein, plenty of fruits and vegetables. You could maybe do with a few more starchy whole-grain carbohydrates though - there's an awful lot of sugar in this diet and not much starch. Having a large bowl of sugar as a night-time snack is not a terribly good idea either - it's going to send your blood sugar up just before bedtime, and you know how your body is going to deal with that excess glucose!

Overall, it's good. Just a few tweaks necessary regarding carbohydrate. Oh, and the multivitamin is entirely unnecessary - save your money.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by marinacalder
Thank you :smile:

You're welcome (it is/was my job!)
Whether it's 'enough' really depends on the size of the meals you're eating... it's definitely possible to get enough calories from msotly fruit/veg with a bit of lean protein - but you have to eat a decent amount. You really should be eating some carbs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending