The Student Room Group

Calorie deficit

Hi guys 27M just wondered as I’m thinking of going in to a diet routine but I don’t want to be to strict on myself. I want be shredded quickly so I’m not doing months and months of exercise and being miserable. I want to do a diet where I can eat healthy and unhealthy because I hate diet and exercise.

But I want to do this so it is manageable for me and that I enjoy the food that I eat and exercise regularly. Is it possible to get shredded and not be too strict on your diet because I simply don’t want go through the stage of worrying about what I healthy foods I need eat all the time. Can you guys give me some advice as if is possible on not having to be on a strict diet but you need to be in a deficit to lose weight.

Hopefully this all makes sense cheers in advance
If you hate both diet and exercise, then ultimately any gains you make are going to be short-lived. Especially to the point of being shredded.

I think you need to re-think what is feasible as being shredded, with a diet that isn't isn't strict, without months of hard work, is basically impossible.

I'd recommend watching some of scooby1961's videos as a starting point as they are very practical and without the usual gym-bro BS that you get on most exercise channels. He's retired from making new stuff, but there is a lot to watch.
Reply 2
Hello. Yes, just calculate the number of calories you need per day. This can be done using a special calculator.I also found a cool thing - a heavy mug by ROX.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Cander
Hello. Yes, just calculate the number of calories you need per day. This can be done using a special calculator.

I don't think calculating calories is the bit they are going to struggle with.

Quick Reply

Latest