The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths higher grade boundary predictions!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danielwinstanley
Y11 boundaries from PIXL
4 - 23
5 - 50
6 - 78
7 - 106
8 - 142
9 - 180

Thanks a lot, imo i would add at least 40 marks to each to be safe, and even then i think the grades for 6 and 5 will be slightly higher.
Original post by rnineirnee
The examiner will have to send it off for a review and then you will not loose the marks.
Do you go to a state school?

So they will do it before sending off the final mark? I don't need to ask for a re-mark? And yeah, I go to a state school called Chelsea Academy in London
Well done! And, I'd assume so. I think a 9 could be 200-210. In terms of writing outside box, maybe, maybe not - depends on if it was clear that you were continuing below the line.

Thanks a lot :smile:

Also for the writing, I mean I got a question wrong then realised at the last minute then re-did it outside the box.
Thanks a lot, imo i would add at least 40 marks to each to be safe, and even then i think the grades for 6 and 5 will be slightly higher.

Hoping 220 isn't a 9, hoping 200, I've got between 193 (minimum) and 220 (maximum) because paper 3 was horrific - so many stupid mistakes.
Original post by thekidwhogames
Thanks a lot :smile:

Also for the writing, I mean I got a question wrong then realised at the last minute then re-did it outside the box.

I don't know if you'll get the marks but I'd assume so - an examiner isn't stupid eg if you've crossed everything out they'll realise you've replaced it somewhere.
Original post by thekidwhogames
So they will do it before sending off the final mark? I don't need to ask for a re-mark? And yeah, I go to a state school called Chelsea Academy in London

Yes, they wont even mark it only after it's been reviewed, and congrats on the high score.
Hoping 220 isn't a 9, hoping 200, I've got between 193 (minimum) and 220 (maximum) because paper 3 was horrific - so many stupid mistakes.

Same!! I lost at least 15 marks in each paper because of stupid mistakes and now i have to rely on the method marks its so annoying.
Same!! I lost at least 15 marks in each paper because of stupid mistakes and now i have to rely on the method marks its so annoying.

I feel so stupid when I can't enter things into my calculator correctly - eg that one where it wanted you to work out the % multiplier and I missed the decimal point in my calculator and got like 92%...I'm just hoping I wrote my method down.
I feel so stupid when I can't enter things into my calculator correctly - eg that one where it wanted you to work out the % multiplier and I missed the decimal point in my calculator and got like 92%...I'm just hoping I wrote my method down.

I remember that one. And there was one where you had to find the interest and it was x instead of writing 6% i put 0.06%.

But lets just hope our working out is good enough.
I remember that one. And there was one where you had to find the interest and it was x instead of writing 6% i put 0.06%.

But lets just hope our working out is good enough.

That's the one I got wrong...everyone got 6% and I got 92%...stupid me and calculators...
That's the one I got wrong...everyone got 6% and I got 92%...stupid me and calculators...

Omg...that stupid Venn diagram one on paper 3...I wrote 7/30 instead of 7/15...ughhh...wish I'd have had time to check things.
Omg...that stupid Venn diagram one on paper 3...I wrote 7/30 instead of 7/15...ughhh...wish I'd have had time to check things.

I could have sworn that i spend 20 minutes on that question, last minute i realised you had to write in the missing numbers.
I could have sworn that i spend 20 minutes on that question, last minute i realised you had to write in the missing numbers.

Thankfully I started at the back - I always start the paper after the staples in maths because if time was running out, you could've done the Venn diagram one in a few seconds but you couldn't have done the back questions eg the simultaneous equation one on the non calc. So, when I got to it, I was like oooh it's just filling in numbers.
Thankfully I started at the back - I always start the paper after the staples in maths because if time was running out, you could've done the Venn diagram one in a few seconds but you couldn't have done the back questions eg the simultaneous equation one on the non calc. So, when I got to it, I was like oooh it's just filling in numbers.

Thats smart i wanted to start from the back but i never tested it before so i was too scared to take the risk, and do you do AQA triple science?
I think people are predicting too large of a gap between an 8 and a 9.
Thats smart i wanted to start from the back but i never tested it before so i was too scared to take the risk, and do you do AQA triple science?

OCR, unfortunately.

At least 40 marks you say??? I would say 40 marks at MOST. I would say add at least 15-20 marks - remember this is in Year 11 and not Year 10, when people are drawing closer to finishing the spec.

(Perhaps except for a grade 4 - I expect that to be around 50
Original post by _gcx
I think people are predicting too large of a gap between an 8 and a 9.

Its because i think around 20% of students that get 7 get a grade 8 and around 3% of students who get a 7 get a level 9 so its a big difference, and I also think there will be quite a gap between the grades 6 and 7
Original post by Gabzinc
At least 40 marks you say??? I would say 40 marks at MOST. I would say add at least 15-20 marks - remember this is in Year 11 and not Year 10, when people are drawing closer to finishing the spec.

(Perhaps except for a grade 4 - I expect that to be around 50

I'm probably just getting myself ready for the worst case scenarios.
OCR, unfortunately.

My bad i had already asked you that.

Quick Reply

Latest