The Student Room Group

3 or 4 A Levels?

I'll be applying to sixth form in November, and I would like to study English, Media and Politics. However, I'd also like to do Drama and Theatre A Level, but I'm worried about the workload and frees etc.

Any advice? (BTW congrats to everyone getting their GCSEs today!)
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
I'll be applying to sixth form in November, and I would like to study English, Media and Politics. However, I'd also like to do Drama and Theatre A Level, but I'm worried about the workload and frees etc.

Any advice? (BTW congrats to everyone getting their GCSEs today!)

Work out what you want to do at Uni or a career as you need to make sure your A levels enable this.

English well respected
Politics ok
Media considered soft
Drama considered non academic.

The latter two are ok if you are applying for a degree in them.

Plenty of people do 4 A levels and drop the weaker one after AS. Is that an option? Otherwise id be considering dropping Drama. Depends what you want to do.
Original post by 999tigger
Work out what you want to do at Uni or a career as you need to make sure your A levels enable this.

English well respected
Politics ok
Media considered soft
Drama considered non academic.

The latter two are ok if you are applying for a degree in them.

Plenty of people do 4 A levels and drop the weaker one after AS. Is that an option? Otherwise id be considering dropping Drama. Depends what you want to do.

Thanks so much. I'm hoping to do joint honours in Drama and English at Birmingham University, so I need at least AAB in order to enrol.
Thanks so much. I'm hoping to do joint honours in Drama and English at Birmingham University, so I need at least AAB in order to enrol.

For a career, I'm looking to do Journalism/Media...

Could have said that at the beginning. Males more sense now.

The A levels are fine. Imo do all 4 and see how it goes. None of them are notably hard. Just be organised and stay on top. If you go off drama then drop it after AS.

If you stay on the drama english train and you are snowed under/ struggling then sacrifice one of the others.

If you change your mind and want a different course then consider dropping drama as the least academic.
Original post by 999tigger
Could have said that at the beginning. Males more sense now.

The A levels are fine. Imo do all 4 and see how it goes. None of them are notably hard. Just be organised and stay on top. If you go off drama then drop it after AS.

If you stay on the drama english train and you are snowed under/ struggling then sacrifice one of the others.

If you change your mind and want a different course then consider dropping drama as the least academic.

OK Thanks soooo much! Everything is clear now...

Quick Reply

Latest