The Student Room Group

Theresa May is handed her P45

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
I didn't realise that more council houses has been said for months, I don't believe opt out organ donation has ever been mentioned, and the anti-energy market policies were thought to have been dropped.

The council house announcement was rather underwhelming. A mere 5,000 homes a year extra will barely make a dent in the problem. We should be aiming for about 1 million new council homes, not just 25,000.

Mostly though, no one really expects her to be leader for that long and the rest of her Premiership in all likeliness will be hugely dominated by Brexit, especially with the need for the DUP to pass legislation.

The energy price legislation will end up getting shelved anyway, or she'll water it down like she did with her 'workers on boards' promise. Just two years ago the Tory leader was describing the policy as Marxist, today the Tory conference applauded when she announced it.

There just simply wasn't more substance to address in the speech. The most noteworthy things were the P45, the coughing and bits of he sign behind her coming off the wall.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by Danny Dorito
A protester handed Theresa May a P45 form while she was delivering a speech at the Conservative Party conference.

You can watch the video here.

What do you make of this? Do you think this was a good protest? Do you think she handled it well?

It's really rude that he gave her the p45 in the middle of a conference. Other than that she deserves it because she literally doesn't know what she's doing .
It wasn't a protester. It was legendary comedian & prankster, Lee Nelson.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
It wasn't a protester. It was legendary comedian & prankster, Lee Nelson.

That’s funny I thought it was ******* lee nelson
Original post by Bornblue
The council house announcement was rather underwhelming. A mere 5,000 homes a year extra will barely make a dent in the problem. We should be aiming for about 1 million new council homes, not just 25,000.

Mostly though, no one really expects her to be leader for that long and the rest of her Premiership in all likeliness will be hugely dominated by Brexit, especially with the need for the DUP to pass legislation.

The energy price legislation will end up getting shelved anyway, or she'll water it down like she did with her 'workers on boards' promise. Just two years ago the Tory leader was describing the policy as Marxist, today the Tory conference applauded when she announced it.

There just simply wasn't more substance to address in the speech. The most noteworthy things were the P45, the coughing and bits of he sign behind her coming off the wall.

The telegraph, with a load of waffle to pad it out, managed about 15 column inches on policy, she also doesn't seem to have the support of the telegraph or spectator both of which used their editorials today and this week respectively to criticise her policies saying the solution to the housing crisis is to make it easier for new houses to be built bolstering the failing supply rather than getting more sucking on the teat of the state, and arguing that the government should be making it easier for people to change supplier so they need to compete more, especially with the rise of small suppliers, rather than setting a cap which everybody would sit just below removing competition.

Utilities will have to be shelved because the opposition will want to impose a defeat on a manifesto pledge and there will be enough backbenchers supporting free markets to sink it unless it the policy is completely overhauled.

I have seen very few supporting May, in fact I have seen nobody other than wannabe MP councilors and other party liners.
I have doubts that the same people who are so viciously against the prank would feel the same way if the victim had been Jeremy Corbyn.
What an absolute legend.
It's a day later and I still can't stop laughing about this. I think she handled it pretty graciously, to be fair to her.

I also think he did a sterling job too though :lol:
Original post by yudothis
Why?

Every law-abiding citizen deserves to be treated with basic respect and decency
Original post by Ladbants
Every law-abiding citizen deserves to be treated with basic respect and decency

He reacted according to her actions in public office.
Original post by yudothis
He reacted according to her actions in public office.

So it was fine for him to breach security and the Prime minister's personal space, interrupt her while she was talking and make fun of her? Her actions in public office, whether you agree or disagree, don't mean that she should be treated without respect. I definitely don't agree with Corbyn or what he has said and supported, and I disagree with tony blair's actions, but if either of their speeches was interrupted in such a rude manner that would still be wrong
The letters falling off the conservative slogan at the end were the icing on the cake. It's like some karmic force in the universe did it just to highlight everything she said was a lie lmao.
So it was fine for him to breach security and the Prime minister's personal space, interrupt her while she was talking and make fun of her? Her actions in public office, whether you agree or disagree, don't mean that she should be treated without respect. I definitely don't agree with Corbyn or what he has said and supported, and I disagree with tony blair's actions, but if either of their speeches was interrupted in such a rude manner that would still be wrong

Her policies have killed people and she covered up peodophile rings. Ofcourse she doesn't deserve respect :smile:

Handing a document is too much for her personal space? What security was breached?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending