The Student Room Group

sudden change in parental income not reflected on sfe forms

So in reapplying for SFE this year the income used is from 2021/22, however my father left his job in May this year and therefore his 2023/24 income is drastically different (literally £0). Is there anything we can submit for SFE to take his current unemployment into account? He isn't using a pension or anything, my parents are living off my mothers income and their savings
Original post by bluejorts
So in reapplying for SFE this year the income used is from 2021/22, however my father left his job in May this year and therefore his 2023/24 income is drastically different (literally £0). Is there anything we can submit for SFE to take his current unemployment into account? He isn't using a pension or anything, my parents are living off my mothers income and their savings

You need to upload a CYI changed year income form to your account
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You need to upload a CYI changed year income form to your account

He only quit in May so the CYI for this year being the tax year for April 2023 still shows how much he was earning. If he hasn't yet recieved a P45 is there any other way of proving his change in income?
Original post by bluejorts
He only quit in May so the CYI for this year being the tax year for April 2023 still shows how much he was earning. If he hasn't yet recieved a P45 is there any other way of proving his change in income?

CYI needs to show estimated earnings for the full 2023/24 tax year
"Provide income estimates with what you expect to earn for the full current tax year."

You don't need to provide any evidence - SFE will check it against HMRC records at the end of the tax year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending