The Student Room Group

Gcse English Language Remark

I decided to send my English Language (9-1) exam papers for a remark in early September however i haven’t recieved my results yet is this normal?

Scroll to see replies

what was your grade ?
Reply 2
maybe you should call them up? or get in touch with the exam centre you had your exams with
Original post by qam
maybe you should call them up? or get in touch with the exam centre you had your exams with

I don’t know if that is possible because my school is sent the remark grades as other people got their results for every other subject!
Original post by Amha
I decided to send my English Language (9-1) exam papers for a remark in early September however i haven’t recieved my results yet is this normal?

This is an unusual length of time, maybe try contacting your centre to ensure that the papers were indeed sent off.
Original post by Amha
I got a 3 but i thought that i did better, so my school sent it as my school was shocked about the results that I got. This is because i was getting 6s in my mock exams. Also they aren't making me resit it because i got a 6 in english lit and all as and bs in other subjects

is your school heads of staff ****ing retarded , if the remark fails you have to resit it,it's bloody mandatory for english lang and maths .
Original post by _gcx
This is an unusual length of time, maybe try contacting your centre to ensure that the papers were indeed sent off.

I am sure that they sent it because it was on the aqa remark system when my teacher logged into her account
Original post by Ray_Shadows
is your school heads of staff ****ing retarded , if the remark fails you have to resit it,it's bloody mandatory for english lang and maths .

I know right! They actually pissed me off with the whole idea of the government ‘changing’ the requirements for unis, however, that is bs! This is because unis require English Language and mathematics for GCSE
Original post by Amha
I am sure that they sent it because it was on the aqa remark system when my teacher logged into her account

Then I'm afraid the only thing you can do is wait.
Original post by _gcx
Then I'm afraid the only thing you can do is wait.

Yep that’s right😤
Same here. I haven't got my remark back yet. However, I am hopeful I will be getting in in the next week.
if the remark fails you have to resit it,it's bloody mandatory for english lang and maths .

No it's not. A 4 in Eng Land or Eng Lit is all that is required to avoid having to re-take. However, for students hoping to go to university it might well be worth trying to get at least a 4 in English Language.
(edited 6 years ago)
Requests have to be completed within 20 calendar days of the request being submitted to the exam board. I'd check with the exam officer where you took the exam what's happened to it.,
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Compost
No it's not. A 4 in Eng Land or Eng Lit is all that is required to avoid having to re-take.

he got a 3...

and remarks don't guarantee to boost your grade , i was 2 marks away from a B mine didn't even go up 1 mark
(edited 6 years ago)
he got a 3...

But he got a 6 in English Lit so he doesn't have to retake.

and remarks don't guarantee to boost your grade

I know. Most don't change as the marking is accurate. It would just be bribery if paying for a review was a guarantee of a better grade.
Original post by Compost
But he got a 6 in English Lit so he doesn't have to retake.

I know. Most don't change as the marking is accurate. It would just be bribery if paying for a review was a guarantee of a better grade.

dude no one cares about english lit , uni's wont give 2 ****s if you get an A* in english lit , but they will care if you get a D in english lang . It's compulsory to get a C in english lang , most colleges will force you to retake it ........ do you know how grades work
It's compulsory to get a C in english lang , most colleges will force you to retake it ........ do you know how grades work

You're out of date with your understanding. Colleges get funding for students to retake who fail to get a 4 or better in at least one Lit or Lang. They get no money for someone who fails to get a 4 in Lang but does get at least a 4 in Lit.
Original post by Compost
You're out of date with your understanding. Colleges get funding for students to retake who fail to get a 4 or better in at least one Lit or Lang. They get no money for someone who fails to get a 4 in Lang but does get at least a 4 in Lit.

dunno what college you go to , but that dosent happen at mine , the rules are simple , u get a c in lang and only lang then you don't have to retake it , regardless of whether u passed lit or not . if you didn't pass lang then u have to retake until u pass, regardless whether u passed lit or not
dunno what college you go to , but that dosent happen at mine , the rules are simple , u get a c in lang and only lang then you don't have to retake it , regardless of whether u passed lit or not . if you didn't pass lang then u have to retake until u pass, regardless whether u passed lit or not

The government has changed the retake criteria which is why my school is not getting funded for the people who got a 4 or more in english lit.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Same here. I haven't got my remark back yet. However, I am hopeful I will be getting in in the next week.

What did you get in English Language?

Quick Reply

Latest