The Student Room Group

sixth form

Basically i am in year 11 and i am really confused as to how everyone applies to sixth forms! Is it before results day, on results day or after it???? please help as it has been bugging me recently not knowing.
Thanks.
Original post by elinoor
Basically i am in year 11 and i am really confused as to how everyone applies to sixth forms! Is it before results day, on results day or after it???? please help as it has been bugging me recently not knowing.
Thanks.

You should be applying now.
Reply 2
Now.
Reply 3
Original post by TheAlchemistress
You should be applying now.

wait what ??? how on open day ??
Reply 4
how do i apply???
Original post by Ishax
Now.
Original post by elinoor
how do i apply???

You go to sixth form or college open days and take a form.
1) You should be applying to sixth forms now. The deadlines can vary but some are in November, December and most are by February - college/sixth form is different so you need to check this.

2) When you send your application off (hopefully before the deadline), they review all applications and some, if not all will invite people they like to interviews.

3) You then get offers (in most cases).

4) On results day, you get your results and you decide which sixth form you want to go to from the ones you have offers from - presuming you get the grades.

5) you then go to the enrolment of your chosen sixth form and bring the documents they require e.g. ID and results slip.
Original post by elinoor
wait what ??? how on open day ??

Check the websites or visit the sixth forms you may want to attend. The school website should have an online application or applications will probably be available at the reception.
Reply 8
Original post by elinoor
how do i apply???

Fill out an application form?
Reply 9
Original post by Ishax
Fill out an application form?

oh ok.

Quick Reply

Latest