The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicant for 2018 - Has anybody heard back yet?

I suppose no news is good news but has anybody applied on UCAS for Midwifery courses and heard back yet?

I sent my application off 4 weeks ago nearly and not heard anything!!

Thanks x
Original post by bebz9608
I suppose no news is good news but has anybody applied on UCAS for Midwifery courses and heard back yet?

Thanks x

You're not likely to hear anything until the end of November, midwifery has the same January deadline as all other courses that aren't medicine, dentistry or Oxbridge applications. You've sent your application so early that the universities haven't even looked at it yet.
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
You're not likely to hear anything until the end of November, midwifery has the same January deadline as all other courses that aren't medicine, dentistry or Oxbridge applications. You've sent your application so early that the universities haven't even looked at it yet.

Better to send it early than late
Better to send it early

Not really, you had until January 15th so you had plenty of time to not get it in late. You could be spending this time doing more work experience to write about and perfecting your personal statement in general. Sending it so early has got it out of the way but as I said, none of the universities you've applied to have even looked at it yet which is why you haven't heard anything.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
I wasn't asking for your opinion at all. I have lots of experience, years of midwifery experience in fact so you don't need to make that comment. If i hear before january and i get offered a place then that is better than sending it late and not hearing back till May. Once the spaces are filled, they are filled so late applicants will be rejected in this case. Please don't be judgemental when i was just asking if anybody has heard back yet
I wasn't asking for your opinion at all. I have lots of experience, years of midwifery experience in fact so you don't need to make that comment. If i hear before january and i get offered a place then that is better than sending it late and not hearing back till May. Once the spaces are filled, they are filled so late applicants will be rejected in this case. Please don't be judgemental when i was just asking if anybody has heard back yet

Spaces are not given like that at all. It's a UCAS policy that all applications made before the January 15th deadline, even the day before, get equal consideration. Universities stagger the offers they give out, they give out some offers before the deadline but most afterwards, on a monthly basis. The total number of spaces and your chances of getting one is not affected by this at all. An application is only 'late' when it's past the official deadline, in which case the universities don't have to look at your application at all.

My sister is a nurse, she didn't submit her application until January 6th and she got 5 out of 5 offers. She got a first class degree in nursing from King's College London.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Glassapple
Spaces are not given like that at all. It's a UCAS policy that all applications made before the January 15th deadline, even the day before, get equal consideration. Universities stagger the offers they give out, they give out some offers before the deadline but most afterwards, on a monthly basis. The total number of spaces and your chances of getting one is not affected by this at all. An application is only 'late' when it's past the official deadline, in which case the universities don't have to look at your application at all.

My sister is a nurse, she didn't submit her application until January 6th and she got 5 out of 5 offers. She got a first class degree in nursing from King's College London.

fantastic

Thanks x

I have seen some people have already started receiving interviews for January at UWS. I’ve also seen one for Plymouth. No news is good news though!

I sent my application on the 6th September, I started access in March and already have all the volunteering experience I was going to get, so why bother waiting? I don’t know why anybody would get so defensive about being organised and sending it in September... but there we are 😊

Good luck xx
Reply 8

Thanks x

hi,

I also finished my UCAS application in September, it's pretty much my second time re-applying so I did it pretty quick . I haven't sent it off yet because I wanted more time to prepare for the interview. What uni have you applied for?
When i sent off my application last year, they usually start replying back around November time, and interviews occur in january febuary time I wanna say. I'm reapplying this year again but waiting for a bit before sending it
I'm looking to apply this week! The waiting game is going to kill me off, so exciting but nerve wracking!! Good luck to everyone applying!! x
Reply 11
I’ve been offered an interview at Edge Hill university in December!!! Eeeeek. I have also applied for Chester, keele, Staffordshire and Salford xx
Omg congrats!!! That's amazing!!!! Good luck! xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending