The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
It keeps asking me to buy an ad removal pass. It's so annoying : <

I beat it by right clicking on that ad, clicked an option I cant remember the name of, and choose the element to block. Job jobbed.
Reply 42
Original post by artful_lounger
If you have adblock but can't figure out how to remove a specific ad, you don't deserve to have adblock tbh

Also TSR has like, a single banner ad if you whitelist it, which 99% of the time is for a university or UCAS. It's not exactly an egregious example of intrusive advertising.

Lol, what the hell? Do we all need to be IT experts now, too? *rolls eyes*
FYI, adblock on ios doesn't seem to work in the same way as adblock on Windows does. There's no element hiding option for some reason.
Original post by Ciel.
And get even more ads? No thank you.
You can block that element, just tell your adblocker that it's an ad.
Original post by Ciel.
Lol, what the hell? Do we all need to be IT experts now, too? *rolls eyes*
FYI, adblock on ios doesn't seem to work in the same way as adblock on Windows does. There's no element hiding option for some reason.

I would hardly call using a simple addon being an "IT expert".

Also that's probably because apple products are garbage and remove all functionality from the user while also using subpar components then painting them white and tripling the correct price point :>
Reply 45
I would hardly call using a simple addon being an "IT expert".

Also that's probably because apple products are garbage and remove all functionality from the user while also using subpar components then painting them white and tripling the correct price point :>

Like I said, my adblock.does.not.have.that.option. But I've now fixed it with a different add on so it doesn't matter.
*sigh* You are one of those people who sit in front of their computer (with a Windows system, of course!) all day, and have no friends, aren't you... At least that's how you come across. You sound so frustrated with life, trying to shove your half-assed borderline rude remarks everywhere you can, it actually makes me sad.
The ads will only adapt to get around our ad blockers, they're alrealy disguising themselves as regular users, they're among us.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3445571&highlight=payday+loan
Original post by Ciel.
You are one of those people who sit in front of their computer (with a Windows system, of course!) all day, and have no friends, aren't you...

lmao, if he were one of those kinds of people, he'd be running Arch Linux :wink:

If I had the money to buy an Apple product, I wouldn't, because I'd spend it on something far more powerful for the same price, but I can see why people would buy them.

AFAIK, the benefit of an Apple system is the hardware. The OS is a watered-down sibling of linux, but their hardware fits well together.

You could probably get a Mac lookalike environment in linux for a tiny fraction of the price, but it would never be as stable.
Reply 49
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
lmao, if he were one of those kinds of people, he'd be running Arch Linux :wink:

Oh well, I've got nothing against those kinds of people unless they are being *******s for no reason. I mean, I get that some people hate apple products but there's no need to ***** about them in every single thread. Some people like the simplicity of Apple products, and their pretty design.
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Block the banner using html. Not paying a penny to this website.

Done it via options/addons to ABP. All sorted now :smile:

Voluntarily paying (if I had the money) is fine. Being forced to pay is not!
Original post by Ice Constricter

This is page number # 14 you have viewed without ads this month

Like **** off.

PRSOM :sadnod: :rofl:

Think I got to about "this is page #50 you have viewed..." then gave up until a solution was posted!

Now I'm back to how I was at 10am this morning.
Also TSR has like, a single banner ad if you whitelist it, which 99% of the time is for a university or UCAS...

I see three adverts for Argos, one for the University of Hertfordshire, and the big advert for Winchester on the page. (When writing here on "Reply to this thread" [newreply.do], I see IXL's infamously colourful adverts, one for Grammarly, and one for using Nectar points online.)
I blocked your stupid ad removal pass. I disabled javascript so there.

Latest