The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Incoming International Student

I'm an incoming student for the Spring semester from the States (New York) and I'm wondering if someone would be nice enough to give me an account of their experience at the school. I'm particularly interested in places to meet new people and visit as well as the living situation and commutes. Any sort of information would be great as I'm trying to do find out as much as I can. Thanks!
Reply 1
I can't give you any perspective on the school, but just wanted to greet you-I too am an expat from The U.S.,so just wanted to say welcome, feel free to ask me anything if I can be of help, and my best wishes to you in your studies! :smile:

Original post by vivejohn
I'm an incoming student for the Spring semester from the States (New York) and I'm wondering if someone would be nice enough to give me an account of their experience at the school. I'm particularly interested in places to meet new people and visit as well as the living situation and commutes. Any sort of information would be great as I'm trying to do find out as much as I can. Thanks!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by vivejohn

HI vivejohn!

What college are you coming from in New York? I'm a recent graduate from the University of Hertfordshire (I studied Physics) and as part of my degree I studied for a year at Stony Brook University on Long Island. From my experience at Hertfordshire you will get to meet and hang out with your flatmates you live on campus with. Another great place to meet new people and have a good time is the Elehouse. The Elehouse is the on campus pub and is a great place to go whether you drink or not as there are loads of events on such as a quiz on Sundays, karaoke every other Saturday and an open mic night once a month to name a few and it is always bustling with people in the evenings.

Societies and events like active students (a range of free sports run by the uni) are also another great way to meet people as you will share a common interest by being there.

In general the community here at the University is very welcoming so don't hesitate to get involved. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Paul
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending