The Student Room Group

Why is israel untouchable?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Israel is like a beacon of light compared to its regional neighbours

That isn't really saying much
Israel earned their respect from their neighbours when those neighbours tried to attack them and Israel took them all on and won.

Secondly they're backed by the U.S who is a fierce ally.

Thirdly they have nuclear weapons.
Original post by paul514
Israel is like a beacon of light compared to its regional neighbours

That would be hilarious if you weren't being serious.
Original post by Mikos
"Valid points"?
Every single Holocaust denial theory has been debunked to hell and back. I don't know what "valid points" you speak of.
This reeks of anti-Semitism.

No, more like most people are afraid to challenge the holocaust since it's illegal is most of Europe to deny it.

The holocaust is the ONLY historical event ever to be exempt from freedom of speech.
Original post by calsmith12
That would be hilarious if you weren't being serious.

I sure gay men enjoy there free skydriving lessons of high building without parachutes and teenage girls under the age of sixteen being married to their 40 year old first cousin in West Bank.
Original post by looloo2134
I sure gay men enjoy there free skydriving lessons of high building without parachutes and teenage girls under the age of sixteen being married to their 40 year old first cousin in West Bank.

Riggggght, because Israel is so innocent, aren't they?

Israel invented skunk cannons (a vile contraption that sprays fecal matter, urine and harmful chemicals) to use against Palestinian civilians.

Israel has murdered 2,167 Palestinian children since 2000.

Israel uses a primitive form of circumcision in which rabbis use their teeth to perform the penile operation.

Same sex marriage is illegal in Israel, Blood donation from Gays is illegal in Israel, Adoption by Gays is illegal in Israel, Gay conversion is also legal and rife in Israel. So don't paint them as some LGBT wonderland paradise.
Yeah, I wonder why they were expelled from 109 different countries....

I live in area were Jewish people live in London it clean there lowest crime rate in London the house prices are high. The Jewish people I know and same are my friends all have high paying professional jobs and their children all go to the top universities in the country.

i used to live in area with high percentage Muslims the women were force to wear a black niqab. There was forced marriages, FGM and even honor murders there four local charities set up to deal with honor base violent.
Original post by looloo2134
I live in area were Jewish people live in London it clean there lowest crime rate in London the house prices are high. The Jewish people I know and same are my friends all have high paying professional jobs and their children all go to the top universities in the country.

i used to live in area with high percentage Muslims the women were force to wear a black niqab. There was forced marriages, FGM and even honor murders there four local charities set up to deal with honor base violent.

I'm sorry, what does this have to do with Israel?

Israelis are not native to Palestine, they are European converts that moved there in the 1900s.
Original post by miss_ambitious
Of course what can i say about that? It isn't my religion I'm a Christian.

did you know that Our Lord was an Israeli ?
Original post by the bear
did you know that Our Lord was an Israeli ?

Genesis 16:12
Reply 30
Original post by paul514
Sorry I don’t take posts from holocaust deniers seriously

How does stating a fact make one a holocaust denier?

Also, perhaps you ought to take UN resolutions seriously. Israel has violated dozens of these (2334 being one of the more recent ones). What this means (in case you don't know) is that Israel has been the subject of widespread international condemnation with regards to its handling of regional tensions.

But of course, any condemnation of Israel = anti-semitism/holocaust denial to some.

The angel of the LORD also said to her: "You are now pregnant and you will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. ...'' ~ Genesis 16:11

...He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.'' ~ Genesis 16:12

You do realise that Ishmael is seen as the Arab patriarch right?

the link did not work ?
If people do speak out, we'd be labelled "anti-semitic,anti-zionists" etc. So what is the truth about the Middle East and Israel? Why do the UK and US have such respect to a country that tears apart others? I really don't mean to be disrespectful but PLEASE READ THIS! http://www.rense.com/general73/sunto.htm The Jewish woman who wrote this uses the Holocaust as a victim card. We all know the Holocaust was tragic and inhumane, however worse things happen to Syria, Palestine and the Rohingya Muslims! Do we see them demanding things? They believe they are the "Chosen people". Of course what can i say about that? It isn't my religion I'm a Christian.

Many people confuse Zionism, a political force, to Hebrew/Judaism, a religious and cultural identity. Very few Jewish people are in support of the Zionist agenda as espoused by rogue elements in the Israeli Government. To me, anti-Zionism is not the same as antisemitism. When you talk about it, you may be labelled as a self-hating Jew.

The Holocaust was a terrible experience and many people, whose family experienced that, shiver when we discuss it.

To your point about the State of Israel being untouchable, i think it is because of the combination of the Holocaust experience and the influence of the top Jewish leaders in Western countries.

For example, we have Jared Kushner having direct contact with the President and we have other Jewish leaders, who have worked hard in industry, who are able to influence local and international policies for the major nations.

Now, i think it is very terrible that people seem to think that all Jewish people support the crimes committed by the Israeli government. However, i want to state that this is not the case and many people and I have spoken out against it on platforms whether digital or otherwise.

Please let us not use this story as another reason to bash millions of Jews, who just go about their daily lives in peace. There is not secret meeting that goes on, where Jews plan world domination.
Riggggght, because Israel is so innocent, aren't they?

Israel invented skunk cannons (a vile contraption that sprays fecal matter, urine and harmful chemicals) to use against Palestinian civilians.

Israel has murdered 2,167 Palestinian children since 2000.

Israel uses a primitive form of circumcision in which rabbis use their teeth to perform the penile operation.

Same sex marriage is illegal in Israel, Blood donation from Gays is illegal in Israel, Adoption by Gays is illegal in Israel, Gay conversion is also legal and rife in Israel. So don't paint them as some LGBT wonderland paradise.

Have you ever been to Israel or Palestine areas I have I been to Tel Aviv Gay Pride.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/kwk3na/tel-aviv-pride-parade-2016-photos

I have also been to West Bank as a woman it was terrifying I have long blonde hair. As I walking down the street the men were pulling my hair and groping my breasts The women and children spit at me. I was made to feel so welcome.

I also been Bethlehem in the West Bank which used to have around 86 % in 1950s of the population Christian now it 12%. Israel has a higher percentage of Arab Christian than Palestine areas.

Marriage in Israel can only happen in license religious building people who or non religious LGBT marriage aboard. LGBT openly service in the Israeli army and women fight on the front line. Arab Israelis are 20% of the population and are not required to serve in the Israeli military

Palestine Muslims have been know to teach their children to hate Jews groups of Palestine children go out of throw stones at solders who forced to sometime use force against them. I have no respect or similarly for parents who are compared to kill their own children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKT-9OpneoY
Original post by Wired_1800
There is not secret meeting that goes on, where Jews plan world domination.

Didn't you say "the Jews rule the world"? :cool:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4754836#post71842824

Yes, I did and I stand by it. Any problem?

Is it antisemitic or self-hating to say that. If i said that Muslims rule the world, would I be classed as an Islamophobe.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MrDystopia
As for criticism, one can easily criticise it without being labelled an anti-Semite.
please, the ADL (and American-Jewish lobbies in general) are ridiculously aggressive in tainting any serious criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic (e.g. the entire BDS movement). The Israeli right love to treat "Israel" and "Jews" as synonymous for that very reason.
If people do speak out, we'd be labelled "anti-semitic,anti-zionists" etc. So what is the truth about the Middle East and Israel? Why do the UK and US have such respect to a country that tears apart others? I really don't mean to be disrespectful but PLEASE READ THIS! http://www.rense.com/general73/sunto.htm The Jewish woman who wrote this uses the Holocaust as a victim card. We all know the Holocaust was tragic and inhumane, however worse things happen to Syria, Palestine and the Rohingya Muslims! Do we see them demanding things? They believe they are the "Chosen people". Of course what can i say about that? It isn't my religion I'm a Christian.

I dont get waht your question is about. Are you asking about Israel or are you asking about the extent of the Holocaust? You dont seem to make sense.
Israel is of course a very controversial topic. And yes, you could argue that its treatment of the Palistinians in Gaza is wrong. However, looking at the previous wars waged by Middle Eastern coutries against Israel it is evident that many are up against Israel for very unclear reasons. Sadam Hussain declared before the Six Day War that he would "push Israel into the sea!" This clearly shows that many of these countries deserve the respect given to Israel by the USA and the UK. There are several examples of this.
Also, the respect from the UK to Israel is not so clear-cut. As a non-written rule, the Queen has not and will not go to Israel, as decided by the government. This seems to show an incomplete respect for Israel.

Regarding your point about the Holocaust, what does this have to do with Arab-Israeli conflict exactly? confused. Either way, the way you have disregarded the horrific extent of the suffering the Jews went through in the Holocaust is completely out of place.
There is no doubting the unmatched level of protection that Israel receives on many levels in the West and in the US in particular.

One US city (in Texas) even made relief for the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey contingent on support for Israel, which is just about the most absurd thing in the world.

A Texas city has required residents who are seeking government disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Harvey to pledge not to boycott Israel.

The city of Dickinson, about 30 miles (48km) south of Houston, posted grant applications for anyone seeking money for repairs after the category 4 storm.

Local officials say the pro-Israel clause is required under a Texas state law enacted earlier this year.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41688999

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending