The Student Room Group

GCSE english help

Hi, i am in Y11 and i have encountered a few problems in my first term. Last year for our end of year test we did the two 40 markers and i got 58/80. We also did Lit Paper 2 and i got 69/96 which my teacher said was a 6. However this year i can not concentrate either in lessons or at home when i revise. So now when i try to answer questions,i am writing half the amount of content i used to. I am unsure what has gone wrong.I think it is my concentration but i am not sure this is why i need some advice
As well as this i wanted to start wanted to start revising watching Mr Bruff but i dont know where to start so a pointer on that would help to
Thanks for reading this and i hope you can help
mr bruff does some great videos on the papers themselves, and i think he goes through some of the questions.

concentration wise, have you tried making a checklist of all the things you're planning to do that day? or would that not help? make sure all your electrical devices are away.
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
mr bruff does some great videos on the papers themselves, and i think he goes through some of the questions.

concentration wise, have you tried making a checklist of all the things you're planning to do that day? or would that not help? make sure all your electrical devices are away.

its just when i am actually doing the test or the work at home. I use my laptop and headphones to listen to classical music so i need that electrical device
Original post by Danny7867
its just when i am actually doing the test or the work at home. I use my laptop and headphones to listen to classical music so i need that electrical device

how you concentrate is down to you really. you need to be able to build up a cycle and to be strict with yourself.
Reply 4
how you concentrate is down to you really. you need to be able to build up a cycle and to be strict with yourself.

Do u have any tips on how to do that
Do u have any tips on how to do that

it's down to your mindset and how you think so "okay today i'm gonna revise an insepctor calls etc and not touch my phone." keep repeating the mantra, and think of the benefits you'll get if you revise effectively in the long run
Reply 6
it's down to your mindset and how you think so "okay today i'm gonna revise an insepctor calls etc and not touch my phone." keep repeating the mantra, and think of the benefits you'll get if you revise effectively in the long run

Thanks
Thanks

no problem, and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending