The Student Room Group

Gap Year Ideas 2018/2019

I'm in year 13 at the minute and thinking of taking a gap year as I don't feel prepared to start university yet. So far I'm thinking of doing a ski instructor course or maybe some volunteering? Just started this thread to see if anyone else is taking/took a gap year and what they're planning on doing.:biggrin:
Reply 1
honestly I'm thinking of trying to get rich off deliveroo or something
Reply 2
I'm taking a gap year too (also Y13) and I plan on travelling, visiting families etc but mainly get a part time job and get some money for uni. :wink:
you could look up the company Raleigh International if you are interested in travelling :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Ada_Kai
I'm taking a gap year too (also Y13) and I plan on travelling, visiting families etc but mainly get a part time job and get some money for uni. :wink:

Sounds good! Any ideas on places you want to visit?
https://projecttrust.org.uk/
Great organization, you need lots of commitment though.
Reply 6
Original post by jemfay
Sounds good! Any ideas on places you want to visit?

I'll probably go to America to see my aunt in Boston, then go to Fiji, maybe Japan too!
Reply 7
I'd more recommend working than anything else [albeit abroad] these 'volunteering' things tend to rape your bank account for little to no benefit.
With that being said if you want some real volunteering as opposed to the usual rapine companies look at the EVS and ICS.
I'm looking to take a gap year 2018/2019, wanting to work until around December then travel.
Also looking for someone to travel with so if anyone's interested?
Reply 9
ahh! I really want to do a ski instructor course next winter in my gap year too, but I have no idea how I'm going to afford it lol, which one are you looking at doing? the best one i've found up to now is by nonstop
Reply 10
Original post by abdfal
ahh! I really want to do a ski instructor course next winter in my gap year too, but I have no idea how I'm going to afford it lol, which one are you looking at doing? the best one i've found up to now is by nonstop

I had been looking at EA Ski & Snowboard because they had loads of different places where you could go but its so expensive I don't think I can afford it either haha
I have been thinking about taking a gap year too mainly because I don't feel ready for university yet. Also I haven't done any volunteering or work experience related to my course :frown: I think it will be beneficial to take a gap year as I will be able to get a part time job and earn some money so I can fund my education. Just a question: If I want to apply to uni in 2019 do I have to write my personal statement now or can I do that later?
Anybody feeling like working in their gap year in a field related to the degree you want to study?
Original post by Jessieddurham
I'm looking to take a gap year 2018/2019, wanting to work until around December then travel.
Also looking for someone to travel with so if anyone's interested?

Where are you thinking of going? :smile:
I'm thinking of getting a job, do some charity work and travel :smile:
where are you thinking of going? i've just realised i'm too scared to do all this travelling i was hoping to do by myself aha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest