The Student Room Group

UCAS entry requirement

Hello, one week ago I sent my UCAS applications for my chosen universities to study social work, and received an answer from UCLAN - uni of central Lancashire, and they rejected me because I don’t meet the entry requirements - which is 112 UCAS points and relevant experience. However I have had this experience and my predicted grades equal to 128 points. I am a bit confused about this and was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar?

Btw my subjects are a level RE - predicted B
English language and literature - B
Health and Social Care (Pearson BTEC level 3 extended certificate) Distinction - equals to 48 points
Original post by Hannah2174
Hello, one week ago I sent my UCAS applications for my chosen universities to study social work, and received an answer from UCLAN - uni of central Lancashire, and they rejected me because I don’t meet the entry requirements - which is 112 UCAS points and relevant experience. However I have had this experience and my predicted grades equal to 128 points. I am a bit confused about this and was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar?

Btw my subjects are a level RE - predicted B
English language and literature - B
Health and Social Care (Pearson BTEC level 3 extended certificate) Distinction - equals to 48 points

You really need to contact UCLan directly to ask for more feedback. It's possible that they've misunderstood your qualifications/experience or it may be that they require something specific that you haven't offered (eg they ask for Maths and English GCSE - if you don't have them and aren't repeating then that might be the problem).

Either way it wont hurt to ask for more information about why they believe you don't meet their requirements - then you will know if there was a mistake or not.
Reply 2
Thank you for responding, I have emailed them and hopefully they made a mistake

Quick Reply

Latest