The Student Room Group

can uni revoke offer after results day???

Original post by 1anonymous!

A conditional offer may be "revoked" if you don't met the conditions of that offer. Any offer can be "revoked" if your application is found to be fraudulent in some way.

But that's about it. What scenario did you have in mind? Has your firm or insurance uni failed to honour your offer, even though you have met the terms or that offer?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
A conditional offer may be "revoked" if you don't met the conditions of that offer. Any offer can be "revoked" if your application is found to be fraudulent in some way.

But that's about it. What scenario did you have in mind? Has your firm or insurance uni failed to honour your offer, even though you have met the terms or that offer?

Hi
I applied for a course through clearing and was given an offer.I meet their A level entry requirements however did a foundation year course and don't meet their entry requirements for that.But they have confirmed the offer on UCAS
Reply 3
Tell the University.
Because if you dont you will spend several years worried that they might find out.
Hi
I applied for a course through clearing and was given an offer.I meet their A level entry requirements however did a foundation year course and don't meet their entry requirements for that.But they have confirmed the offer on UCAS

You meet the A level entry requirements for the course for which you applied through Clearing, and which has been confirmed on UCAS Hub. Have I got that right?

You also say that you did a foundation year course. Is this course listed in your UCAS Application? You're aware, I assume, of the UCAS requirement which says, "If you studied at a uni or college but didn't finish the course, you still need to enter these details. Include the start and finish date, and state that you didn't receive any qualifications there." (source)

When you say you "don't meet their entry requirements for that", I don't understand what that means. Did the university say something along the lines of, "If you have previously studied at university, you must have maintained at least an average of X%", or something like that, and you haven't met that requirement? Is that what you're saying?
Reply 5
You meet the A level entry requirements for the course for which you applied through Clearing, and which has been confirmed on UCAS Hub. Have I got that right?

You also say that you did a foundation year course. Is this course listed in your UCAS Application? You're aware, I assume, of the UCAS requirement which says, "If you studied at a uni or college but didn't finish the course, you still need to enter these details. Include the start and finish date, and state that you didn't receive any qualifications there." (source)

When you say you "don't meet their entry requirements for that", I don't understand what that means. Did the university say something along the lines of, "If you have previously studied at university, you must have maintained at least an average of X%", or something like that, and you haven't met that requirement? Is that what you're saying?

Hi
Yes !! what you said is correct.I did mention it on my Ucas application and they did say something along the lines of ""If you have previously studied at university, you must have maintained at least an average of X%", or something like that, and you haven't met that requirement?".However I am scared that they might revoke my offer.Is this possible???
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Tell the University.
Because if you dont you will spend several years worried that they might find out.

Hi ,I did mention it to them via email ,but they didn't respond.However later I got an email saying I have an offer from them.Is it possible that they can revoke my offer??
Hi
Yes !! what you said is correct.I did mention it on my Ucas application and they did say something along the lines of ""If you have previously studied at university, you must have maintained at least an average of X%", or something like that, and you haven't met that requirement?".However I am scared that they might revoke my offer.Is this possible???

I would say you're in the clear, because you've been open and up-front with them (from what you've written). They've likely taken the view that because you meet the A level requirement, you don't technically also need to meet the foundation year requirement - especially via Clearing.

If you want to double check, call them tomorrow. Just to put your mind at rest, if for no other reason. You need to be explicit with them: "I have received an offer via Clearing based upon my A level results, and that offer is now showing as confirmed in UCAS Hub. However, I just wanted to double-check that my foundation year results, which I have sent you via e-mail, aren't going to be an issue. Can you confirm that?"
Reply 8
I would say you're in the clear, because you've been open and up-front with them (from what you've written). They've likely taken the view that because you meet the A level requirement, you don't technically also need to meet the foundation year requirement - especially via Clearing.

If you want to double check, call them tomorrow. Just to put your mind at rest, if for no other reason. You need to be explicit with them: "I have received an offer via Clearing based upon my A level results, and that offer is now showing as confirmed in UCAS Hub. However, I just wanted to double-check that my foundation year results, which I have sent you via e-mail, aren't going to be an issue. Can you confirm that?"

Thank you !!!!!
Reply 9
you don't technically also need to meet the foundation year requirement - especially via Clearing.

Clearing makes no difference to the UCAS declaration - all qualifications / education must be declared.
Original post by McGinger
Clearing makes no difference to the UCAS declaration - all qualifications / education must be declared.

Agreed. That's why I said above that:

From what I can tell this particular uni has entry requirements which say, "If you are applying using A levels then we need X; if you are applying using a foundation year, then we need Y. OP meets the X conditions but not the Y conditions.

It was my theory that the uni might relax the Y conditions during Clearing. However, it now seems that it's simply having met the X conditions that have earned OP their place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending