The Student Room Group

Offer from LSE LAW for a CBSE Student?

I am currently giving CBSE in India and have predicted grades for 12th as 92% overall average and tenth grade as 10 CGPA (95%). I have worked quite a bit on my personal statement and I have utilized all my 47 lines. What are my chances of getting an offer from LSE LAW?
Original post by Rayan B
I am currently giving CBSE in India and have predicted grades for 12th as 92% overall average and tenth grade as 10 CGPA (95%). I have worked quite a bit on my personal statement and I have utilized all my 47 lines. What are my chances of getting an offer from LSE LAW?

Your predicted grades are on par with their minimum requirement. It is ofc very competitive, so you are more likely to be judged on the rest of your application including reference, PS and extra curriculars.

Look at the detailed explanation of the website to get an idea how they make heir decision. You are looking at least 10 applications to one.

https://lfylive.lse.ac.uk/lfy/tc/enquiries/enquiry.html?a=4&q=1071&searchString=
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Makes sense. Also I was considering applying to Kings International Relations as my personal statement has alot ot of references to international law and affairs. Do you think I should do it? It is also a fact that I am applying to King's simply because I don't want to put a low rung university on my choices among others. And I don't mind not being offered by king's either but I want to give it a shot. Should I try?
Reply 3
The thing is I am not writing LNAT so I can't apply Kcl law. And that's why I just want to see if I have a shot at Kings IR because I don't want to apply to low rung law unis. Any other alternative you can recommend to solve my issue?
Hey,

I think it would be quite risky to try and double up with the PS in that way - especially if you are applying to LSE who are notoriously critical when it comes to the PS.

There are quite a few very good universities that do not require the LNAT: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, York, QMUL, Edinburgh, Exeter, Manchester, Aberdeen and a few others that I may have missed out. So that should leave you with plenty of options to choose from :smile:
Original post by lawboi98
Hey,

I think it would be quite risky to try and double up with the PS in that way - especially if you are applying to LSE who are notoriously critical when it comes to the PS.

There are quite a few very good universities that do not require the LNAT: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, York, QMUL, Edinburgh, Exeter, Manchester, Aberdeen and a few others that I may have missed out. So that should leave you with plenty of options to choose from :smile:

Yep, they should listen to this advice.

These 5 choices would still be strong for international recognition:
-Cambridge
-LSE
-Edinburgh
-Manchester
-Warwick/QMUL

Although Oxbridge's deadline has past.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Yep, they should listen to this advice.

These 5 choices would still be strong for international recognition:
-Cambridge
-LSE
-Edinburgh
-Manchester
-Warwick/QMUL

Although Oxbridge's deadline has past.

For now I am applying to LSE, QMUL, Warwick for sure.. Last two I'm thinking between Birmingham or manchester. What do you think
Original post by Rayan B
For now I am applying to LSE, QMUL, Warwick for sure.. Last two I'm thinking between Birmingham or manchester. What do you think

If you consider international rep as the most important factor, I would suggest Manchester and Edinburgh (if you don't mind the Scottish weather :wink:)
Reply 8
Original post by lawboi98
If you consider international rep as the most important factor, I would suggest Manchester and Edinburgh (if you don't mind the Scottish weather :wink:)

Edinburgh is really good but Bar Council of India doesn't recognize Scottish degrees xD so gonna have to stick with manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending