The Student Room Group

Need help please its going on too long

Pretty much every day I feel like sh*t I get anxious in class whenever I am asked to answer someone and I also feel upset in a way most of the time.
(BTW I AM NOT SELF DIAGNOSING IM NOT CLAIMING TO HAVE SEVERE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES)

But I feel like I am missing something that could cheer me up a bit but I don't know what. Last year and the year before that I used to miss quite a lot of school because of this but ever since I got to year 11 I have tried my best to be present every day.

Is it just a phase? Will It just pass? I'm not sure but since I am quite quiet people just assume I am some weirdo when I am not to be fair. I do have mates but not ones that I can trust with a lot. And I am tired of being this socially awkward teen who is assumed to be some freak show just because of it. And I really need it to stop because I really regret all the time off school I missed and it can't be reversed and I don't want it to happen again.

Can someone give some advice please? and again I am not claiming to be depressed or anything like that.
yeh i get that feeling , you're either gonna have to persevere , cause it's gonna get better sooner or latter, or ask for help from friends , family , teachers , psychologist , Samaritans , the care bears , jesus , ronald mcdonald , planetary protection etc
Reply 2
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
Pretty much every day I feel like sh*t I get anxious in class whenever I am asked to answer someone and I also feel upset in a way most of the time.
(BTW I AM NOT SELF DIAGNOSING IM NOT CLAIMING TO HAVE SEVERE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES)

But I feel like I am missing something that could cheer me up a bit but I don't know what. Last year and the year before that I used to miss quite a lot of school because of this but ever since I got to year 11 I have tried my best to be present every day.

Is it just a phase? Will It just pass? I'm not sure but since I am quite quiet people just assume I am some weirdo when I am not to be fair. I do have mates but not ones that I can trust with a lot. And I am tired of being this socially awkward teen who is assumed to be some freak show just because of it. And I really need it to stop because I really regret all the time off school I missed and it can't be reversed and I don't want it to happen again.

Can someone give some advice please? and again I am not claiming to be depressed or anything like that.

I would go see your doctor. It may be that you do have anxiety or depression.
You can also check out some info and advice on mind.org and sane.org. It's targeted at mh issues, but even if you do not have one the advice should still help since you're having issues with depression/ anxiety related feelings.
It might also help you to chat with a counsellor. You can usually do that trough school, but can also chat with counsellors online through sites like childline or sane.org.

It can be quite common for teenagers to feel some level of anxiety, depression or other mental oddness, but that doesn't mean it's something you should ignore or try to face alone.

Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending