The Student Room Group

spanish revision

whats the best way to revise a language?
should i learn loads of verbs and adjectives or just revise whole sentences?
-having conversations in the language
-setting your phones language to spanish (its annoying at first but you get familiarised w common verbs/adj real quick)
-listening to spanish radio
-reading spanish news
-creating rhymes and mnemonics (for verb endings etc)
Original post by anakarinas
-having conversations in the language
-setting your phones language to spanish (its annoying at first but you get familiarised w common verbs/adj real quick)
-listening to spanish radio
-reading spanish news
-creating rhymes and mnemonics (for verb endings etc)

thanks! i will try these
Original post by hal_sutcliffe
thanks! i will try these

no problem!! best of luck
It really depends how you learn best: do you like lots of visuals? In this case, write key words and phrases and stick them up around the house, making sure you say them out loud when you look at them? Perhaps you learn better by listening, and in this case there are lots of channels on YouTube, or foreign language radio stations. If you prefer a more methodical approach, try reading lots. In this case you have a couple of options: look up unfamiliar words when you find them to embed the meaning straight away, or try to guess them from the context and look them up later.

Finally, don't be afraid to have conversations with yourself. It may sound silly, but you won't judge you, you can chat to yourself about any topic you like, and you will be surprised at the vocabulary that you can bring to mind when you are not under pressure.

Whatever you do, practise practise and practise! Oh, but if you are feeling tired, or unwell, don't. There is nothing more frustrating an demoralising than that feeling that you can't speak a word, you don't know anything, and it's all rubbish anyway, just because you haven't had enough sleep. Take a break and come back to it later.

Good luck!

Original post by hal_sutcliffe
whats the best way to revise a language?
should i learn loads of verbs and adjectives or just revise whole sentences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending