The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Is it right to save your space in the library?

Wondering what people's opinions are on saving your space in the library? I am an early riser so often get to the library early (around 8am). If I were to have a lecture in the day but wanted to keep my space in the library, would it be right to leave my things on my space and come back to it later?
No. Selfish.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by cutemylo
Wondering what people's opinions are on saving your space in the library? I am an early riser so often get to the library early (around 8am). If I were to have a lecture in the day but wanted to keep my space in the library, would it be right to leave my things on my space and come back to it later?

don't be rude. if you have a lecture leave and come back and fight for a place with the rest of us.
Original post by cutemylo

No it's not okay. It's very selfish and thoughtless. I used to go to library (specifically in the Silent room) on Saturdays back in A Level and now in uni it happens actually more often.

Why in the world do you think it's okay to reserve your seat? Who are you? Take uni for example, I pay good money to be able to access the uni's facilities and idiots have to reserve their seat.

It pisses me off most when people come in the library early and reserve a few seats for their friends who come so so late or not even come at all. It's common to come into the library, study and leave and people who reserved their seats still don't come back into the library. In cases where they actually do come back into the library, they won't have the motivation to study, spend about 5 minutes on their phone and leave. Why though?

I don't care if it's for an hour, other people like me have to suffer searching the whole place for a seat. It's called a library for a reason not a locker.

Honestly I could go on all day from my experiences, if there's no seat then tough come back later.

Call me salty all you want but I speak the truth.
(edited 6 years ago)
No it's not okay! That library space could be beneficial for another student and it's very selfish of you to 'reserve' it for yourself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending