The Student Room Group

Cruel classroom

Do you think it's fair that students should have to work in a room that's 14 degrees Celsius?

Scroll to see replies

the cold will keep you awake. that isn't particuarly cruel anyway...
Original post by PoetryBlues
Do you think it's fair that students should have to work in a room that's 14 degrees Celsius?

Just do some star jumps or go for a food shop. They both warm me up 😂
Original post by entertainmyfaith
the cold will keep you awake. that isn't particuarly cruel anyway...

I value your opinion but in my case I get more tired when cold, as hypothermia starts setting in which makes me drowsy.
I value your opinion but in my case I get more tired when cold, as hypothermia starts setting in which makes me drowsy.

you might have to get used to it, or just wear a few extra layers- maybe ask to turn the heating on in the room? i don't find that temperature too bad lmao
Original post by entertainmyfaith
you might have to get used to it, or just wear a few extra layers- maybe ask to turn the heating on in the room? i don't find that temperature too bad lmao

You're lucky then! Nothing stops me being cold :frown: But I just wondered if I was being fussy or other people agreed 14 degrees was a little extreme.
You're lucky then! Nothing stops me being cold :frown: But I just wondered if I was being fussy or other people agreed 14 degrees was a little extreme.

i'm the wrong person to ask bc i love the cold :smile:
it isn't fair - I had this problem in the winter last year as the heating wouldn't work. it's hard to work in the cold and makes you tired because your energy is focusing on warming you up
I think it's best you ask your teacher. We all work at different temperatures so if you ask the teacher, He/she will probably turn up the heating
Original post by poetryblues
you're lucky then! Nothing stops me being cold :frown: but i just wondered if i was being fussy or other people agreed 14 degrees was a little extreme.

boi i got pe first thing tomorrow - this morning it was 1 degrees celsius like no
Very hard. Your fingers get stiff and so weak because of the cold so it's so difficult to write. It takes EFFORT.
Original post by Emerald777O
Very hard. Your fingers get stiff and so weak because of the cold so it's so difficult to write. It takes EFFORT.

What is this effort you talk about? I have never experienced it before....
Original post by Bill Nye
What is this effort you talk about? I have never experienced it before....

It takes effort to write when your hands are freezing and stiff
It would be a bit cruel if you were all wearing very little, say just swimwear or were naked. For some people in the north of England that is possibly tropical!

Snowflakes!!
It takes effort to write when your hands are freezing and stiff

I know it was joke but okay.

One of my bad jokes that no-one gets but me :smile::smile::smile::smile:

I spend my morning, break and lunch running around playing manhunt in the cold. My hands go pretty much numb.

Preach.

Have you tried playing a computer game with cold hands? Clicking on the mouse fast with cold hands is impossible!
Original post by Bill Nye
I know it was joke but okay.

One of my bad jokes that no-one gets but me :smile::smile::smile::smile:

I spend my morning, break and lunch running around playing manhunt in the cold. My hands go pretty much numb.

Loool sorry

Manhunt? What is that? Is it another one of your jokes
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Preach.

Have you tried playing a computer game with cold hands? Clicking on the mouse fast with cold hands is impossible!

Yeah man tryna play anagram magic on mini clip and keep losing because of the cold. Heaters don't do nothing for me!!! It acc is impossible
Loool sorry

Manhunt? What is that? Is it another one of your jokes

An edgier version of tag :smile:

One person starts off as being it, and to get someone you don't say tag you say 'one two three manhunt'. Then you and them are it. It keeps going until one person isn't it - they are the winner and get to choose who is it next round.

Did I really just explain what a slightly different version of tag was?

I'm sorry.
Yeah man tryna play anagram magic on mini clip and keep losing because of the cold. Heaters don't do nothing for me!!! It acc is impossible

oh my days miniclip... is that website still going? Dayum I used to go on that website during my IT lessons and my teacher used to use a screen monitor program to see everyone's screens from his computer and use to catch me all the time :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending