The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
lol watch how many people will get bankrupt in the very near future.

Why is that? Don't be quoting **** you see on the news, do your own research and you'll know why even Russia are utilising blockchain. Your fiat currency will continue to depreciate whilst blockchain is still in its early stages will rise exponentially.
Original post by Trihawk7
Why is that? Don't be quoting **** you see on the news, do your own research and you'll know why even Russia are utilising blockchain. Your fiat currency will continue to depreciate whilst blockchain is still in its early stages will rise exponentially.

First of all I am not quoting **** I've seen in the news. I'm using common sense with some knowledge about investing.

How good is your knowledge on investing? There are plenty (and I mean plenty) of examples of near similar occurrences like this in the past where large spikes/large increases have happened and people make the deadly mistake of thinking "Oh it's doing so well right now I'm gonna do this for another year or two" and then sell.

Bitcoin is very similar to stocks in that it's highly unpredictable. Seriously just wait, it won't be long till we are hearing people have gone bankrupt from Bitcoin it's bound to happen so actually if you were smart this is the time you should be keeping whatever gains you have made and pull out/reinvest in something else but hey what do I know... :wink:
First of all I am not quoting **** I've seen in the news. I'm using common sense with some knowledge about investing.

How good is your knowledge on investing? There are plenty (and I mean plenty) of examples of near similar occurrences like this in the past where large spikes/large increases have happened and people make the deadly mistake of thinking "Oh it's doing so well right now I'm gonna do this for another year or two" and then sell.

Bitcoin is very similar to stocks in that it's highly unpredictable. Seriously just wait, it won't be long till we are hearing people have gone bankrupt from Bitcoin it's bound to happen so actually if you were smart this is the time you should be keeping whatever gains you have made and pull out/reinvest in something else but hey what do I know... :wink:

Like to see you put your money where your mouth is and short it then.

I started investing a while ago after my landlord taught me how to do it at the time and even though he made pretty good gains (around £50k+, he's a millionaire) doing it he never really understood it that well (he had a professional financial adviser helping him) but he told me to learn it. So I learned from the bibles of investing written by Warren Buffet and co and it's only after reading a lot of their work and actually learning about the history of stock markets and stuff like the DJIA when I started to understand the many things I used to do wrong because of a lack of knowledge.

You'll be surprised a lot of people want to invest simply because people tell them but actually have no idea of how to invest (I was once here)....it's like learning a language you need to build up the basic skills and understanding FIRST before you even attempt to risk large amounts of money. So you can take what I say with a pinch of salt it's up to you but don't be surprised :tongue:
I started investing a while ago after my landlord taught me how to do it at the time and even though he made pretty good gains (around £50k+, he's a millionaire) doing it he never really understood it that well (he had a professional financial adviser helping him) but he told me to learn it. So I learned from the bibles of investing written by Warren Buffet and co and it's only after reading a lot of their work and actually learning about the history of stock markets and stuff like the DJIA when I started to understand the many things I used to do wrong because of a lack of knowledge.

You'll be surprised a lot of people want to invest simply because people tell them but actually have no idea of how to invest (I was once here)....it's like learning a language you need to build up the basic skills and understanding FIRST before you even attempt to risk large amounts of money. So you can take what I say with a pinch of salt it's up to you but don't be surprised :tongue:

Were you referring earlier to Bitcoin or Blockchain?
Were you referring earlier to Bitcoin or Blockchain?

Bitcoin.
bithump is down, its ironic that koreans who pumped bch wont be able to take profits
(edited 6 years ago)

Literally this is my go to response now whenever someone assures me it's a scam and doomed to fail
rebought btc, think all this bch thing is just overreaction
Original post by HucktheForde
rebought btc, think all this bch thing is just overreaction

Repped for timing the market well.
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Repped for timing the market well.

i have a feeling that bch is being pumped by miners. but bitcoin has its problems too, hope they can fix the slow transaction speed problem.
i have a feeling that bch is being pumped by miners. but bitcoin has its problems too, hope they can fix the slow transaction speed problem.

Slightly concerned about taxation issues regarding the forked Bitcoin tokens I've received. I'm somewhat considering selling them down, paying off the tax bill and sticking what's left of that into equities as a hedge against the main Bitcoin.

The downside of this of course being the possibility that Bitcoin core loses the civil war.
(edited 6 years ago)
Slightly concerned about taxation issues regarding the forked Bitcoin tokens I've received. I'm somewhat considering selling them down, paying off the tax bill and sticking what's left of that into equities as a hedge against the main Bitcoin.

The downside of this of course being the possibility that Bitcoin core loses the civil war.

what? bitcoin is being taxed in the UK??
i was ******** myself when i saw bitcoin going below my opening position and was thinking all day to cut. well luckily now its on a bull run again!!!
i was ******** myself when i saw bitcoin going below my opening position and was thinking all day to cut. well luckily now its on a bull run again!!!

Bitcoin Cash go pumped hard! Either way it doesn't really matter because I held bitcoin before the fork so I have equal amounts of bitcoin and bitcoin cash so whichever one wins, I win too :wink:

Bitcoin have to do something about the transaction times and fees though, it's getting ridiculous now. The lightning network cannot come soon enough.
Hey guys. I am interested in Bitcoin and need some help. I want to buy bitcoin and want to know what is the minimum amount of money to start at?
(edited 6 years ago)
what? bitcoin is being taxed in the UK??

As far as I am aware you only pay capital gains on Bitcoins you bought when you convert to fiat, but I am concerned about ''income'' from the forked tokens
As far as I am aware you only pay capital gains on Bitcoins you bought when you convert to fiat, but I am concerned about ''income'' from the forked tokens

screw the gov!! i use bitcoin only to avoid them!
screw the gov!! i use bitcoin only to avoid them!

This is the main reason why Bitcoin will not be allowed to succeed (even if it could, which of course it can't). Bitcoin is awash with criminals who are trying to hide or launder money, and a fair few ultra Libertarians who think tax is optional. Governments will sooner or later take Bitcoin down.
Original post by Snufkin
This is the main reason why Bitcoin will not be allowed to succeed (even if it could, which of course it can't). Bitcoin is awash with criminals who are trying to hide or launder money, and a fair few ultra Libertarians who think tax is optional. Governments will sooner or later take Bitcoin down.

by? taking down the internet?? :lol: good luck with that.

Latest

Trending

Trending