The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
**Bump**
Reply 2
Oh gosh, i'm going to the exam too and i am absolutely ******** myself! So terrified i will fail the test
Reply 3
How did people find it? Did anyone finish? When do we hear back?
Original post by Cil3258
How did people find it? Did anyone finish? When do we hear back?

I found it decent. Would you like to compare answers?
Reply 5
Original post by thekidwhogames
I found it decent. Would you like to compare answers?

Sure
Do you know when we hear back? And did u manage to finish the whole thing?
Edited. Some people didn't sit it yet.
(edited 6 years ago)
[Edited. Some people didn't sit it yet.
(edited 6 years ago)
Guys i wouldn’t share answers! Some people are taking the test on Wednesday cause they couldn’t make it today and you’re giving them an unfair advantage! I took the test today, I’m not so sure about how ive done :s-smilie:
(edited 6 years ago)
i think the test is more about examaning the way we think rather than the actual score so i dontthink the anwsers would mattermuch, as the triangle one where u had to get x the one you guys are on about? if so ho did u get it cose i wasnt sure of my method. Also what did u get for the last 2 cose they screwed m over bad
Edited. Some people didn't sit it yet.
(edited 6 years ago)
What did you guys get for the question with the tiles?
[Edited. Some people didn't sit it yet.

Lol I'm pretty sure they will change the paper
Original post by physicseastldn

No, I don't think so otherwise they would've posted the paper and solutions.

My friend's sitting it on Wednesday so I can find out then. Don’t see why they’d change it; it would make determining an interview pass mark a lot harder for them (but then again they are a maths school?:biggrin:)
No, I don't think so otherwise they would've posted the paper and solutions.

Ok, sorry. How did you revise for the test and what did you find hard?
Ok, sorry. How did you revise for the test and what did you find hard?

No need to apologize. I just sat the specimen paper once. To be completely honest, I didn't find any of it hard per say. I just didn't answer question 17 as I hate diagram questions though I finished the rest with about 20 minutes to spare. What about you?
Original post by krishvit12
Anyone know when we will getting a response?

nope but odins day has gone so i guess we can talk about it now.
Just popped in to say that some candidates might sit the exam in January on the same day as the interviews if they were sick or unable to attend on the official exam day.

Our son is now at KCLMS - he's a strong maths student but didn't find the sample specimen or the actual KCLMS entrance exam easy. He did enjoy the interview though. For the interview they teach you a new piece of maths and then ask you to answer some questions. A bit like an Oxbridge interview but using GCSE knowledge.

It really is a very good school - our daughter also attended. Happy to answer any questions about the school.
Original post by krishvit12
How many students are there in each year? Do you know how many get interviewed?

Thanks

They take a maximum of 70 - 75 students each year. From memory - I think they interviewed around 130 - 140 last year.

Interview tip - pay close attention to the statement on the KCLMS website,

"we are keen to provide this opportunity for students who may otherwise not have access to the opportunities for an outstanding mathematical education which the school will offer."

If you have numerous offers at top schools, the KCLMS interview is not necessarily the best place to brag about it. They will ask though. Don't lie but don't brag.

Latest