The Student Room Group

Currently stuck on a A level business past paper question

The question is ''How can Place be used to increase a retailers marketing mix rarther than the other elements of the marketing mix?
I am completly stuck and do not knwo how to link the two topics toghther clearly. I need help pls haha
Original post by Tom4757
The question is ''How can Place be used to increase a retailers marketing mix rarther than the other elements of the marketing mix?
I am completly stuck and do not knwo how to link the two topics toghther clearly. I need help pls haha

4 Ps of the marketing Mix.

Every consumer has been affected by the marketing mix. This business tool is comprised of four elements:

Product: The item meets the consumer's needs or desires

Price: The cost yields enough profit while still being acceptable to the consumer

Promotion: The item is effectively advertised and promoted

Place: The product is properly distributed and available in a convenient location at the right time

It is just asking you to focus on the significance of place and how the distribution chain can play a key role in the success of a business. You need to give examples of how you would do that , recognise the key aspects and explain how you would benefit or suffer depending on whether a business got its place strategy right or wrong.

Not sure where the confusion is?

Quick Reply

Latest