The Student Room Group

The Journey to Success.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Week 11:
- Did FP1 Revision during frees. [Mon]
- Did Core/Stats homework. [Mon]
- Did Computer Science revision by doing problem solving questions related to programming. [Mon]
- Didn't really do any revision. [Tue]
- Did Projectile Motion revision. [Wed]
- Did FP1 revision. [Thurs]
- Did Projectile Motion questions. [Thurs]
- Did Computer Science work. [Fri]
- Did FP1 revision. [Sat]
- Did Mechanics Revision. [Sat]
- Did Core/Stats revision. [Sun]
- Did Computer Science work. [Sun]

Thoughts throughout the week: Me being in a slump last week put me off to a bad start on Monday but I've begun to clean up my act. I'm finding the concepts of Wave Physics a little difficult to grasp, also I've decided to self teach Stats since we're going way too slow considering I only have it once a week.

Not much this week.
Reply 21
Week 12:
- Did Computer Science revision during my double free (1hr 50min). [Mon]
- Did Stats revision. A little interesting I will admit. [Mon]
- Did FP1 revision. [Mon]
- Did some FP1 revision. [Tue]
- Did some coding. [Tue]
- Did no revision. [Wed]
- Did Mechanics Revision. [Thurs]
- Did Computer Science work. [Thurs]
- Did some FP1 revision on Matrices. [Fri]
- Did some Wave Physics revision. [Sat]
- Did some stats revision. [Sun]

Thoughts throughout the week: Birthday was this week (try guess), didn't really care that much as it isn't something worth celebrating because I'm a piece of **** y'know. Got a B on my further maths test, pretty disappointed as I was quite close to an A. Was in a really bad mood on Tuesday because of a coding problem I couldn't solve. That pisses me off, may have nearly broken my hand punching objects out of anger :lol: . Yeah... On Wednesday, I had a 2 hour core maths test and a half an hour further maths test so I was pretty tired and decided to not do any revision.

On Saturday, I managed to find the determinant of a 4 x4 matrix when my internet was cut out and decided to do it on a whim. We're about to start the final chapter of FP1 which is vectors. We skipped one chapter as we haven't learnt integration/differentiation yet but our teacher is going to teach us how to do it.

Stay tuned..
Reply 22
Week 13:
- Did Computer Science revision. [Mon]
- Did FP1 revision. [Tue]
- Did a little Wave Physics revision. [Tue]
- Did FP1 revision. [Wed]
- Did some mechanics revision. [Thurs]
- No revision. [Fri]
- No revision [Sat]
- FP1 and stats revision. [Sun]

Thoughts throughout the week: Got an A on my further maths test, one mark off A*. Oh well...
Was so tired on Friday, went to bed at 7pm and woke up at 8:30am the next day :lol: Watched another J drama series on Saturday, only 11 x 46min episodes so it wasn't that long. I guess I've become more complacent since it's the end of term. Also it snowed today!!
Reply 23
Week 14:

No revision.

That is all for this week.
I've just seen your GYG blog and I understand your pain with further maths. I do biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and so far I'm considering dropping further maths as some things in further maths just frazzle my brain and confuse the heck out of me but I love doing it (to an extent, biology is definitely my favourite though).
Reply 25
Original post by OrangeArcher
I've just seen your GYG blog and I understand your pain with further maths. I do biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and so far I'm considering dropping further maths as some things in further maths just frazzle my brain and confuse the heck out of me but I love doing it (to an extent, biology is definitely my favourite though).

Oh I find it alright now. I enjoy it but the only reason why I consider dropping it is because I can't be asked to do 4 subjects, but I enjoy Maths so I'll probably still do it.
Reply 26
I'm just read this and it immediately made me fail ALL of my exams, even though I passed them all last year. I just read the post and *poof* my grades just went down the portable potty.
Reply 27
Original post by Joeyboi
I'm just read this and it immediately made me fail ALL of my exams, even though I passed them all last year. I just read the post and *poof* my grades just went down the portable potty.

Er I'll take it as a compliment, I guess?
Reply 28
Week 15:
- No revision. [Mon]
- No revision. [Tue]
- Did Stats revision. [Wed]
- Did Mechanics revision. [Wed]
- Did FP1 revision. [Wed]
- Did Computer Science Revision. [Thurs]
- Did Stats revision. [Fri]
- Did Particle/Wave physics revision. [Fri]
- Did Core Maths revision. [Sat]
- Did Mechanics revision. [Sat]
- Did FP1 revision. [Sat]
- Did Computer Science revision. [Sun]
- Did Core Maths Revision. [Sun]
- Did Mechanics Revision. [Sun]

Thoughts throughout the week: Mock revision is meh.

Spoiler

Revision this week was mostly past paper questions and solomon papers (maths). Went pretty well.

Other than me sulking, nothing much really. Happy holidays.
(edited 6 years ago)
I can't believe I've just found this blog! :biggrin: We do the same subjects (and exam boards!!) except for CompSci (I take AQA Chem :biggrin:).

I agree with you. FM is definitely more interesting than Maths itself and those stupid mistakes in Maths are just that. Stupid. I keep making them as well and for some reason, my teacher, who knows I also do FM is like... you can do better than this and the fact is, it's so accurate that just makes me feel kinda down sometimes :frown:

Wave physics sucks as well. I have absolutely no idea what is going on and honestly, I'm thinking about dropping Physics next year because of how absolutely confusing it is.
Reply 30
Original post by nyxnko_
I can't believe I've just found this blog! :biggrin: We do the same subjects (and exam boards!!) except for CompSci (I take AQA Chem :biggrin:).

I agree with you. FM is definitely more interesting than Maths itself and those stupid mistakes in Maths are just that. Stupid. I keep making them as well and for some reason, my teacher, who knows I also do FM is like... you can do better than this and the fact is, it's so accurate that just makes me feel kinda down sometimes :frown:

Wave physics sucks as well. I have absolutely no idea what is going on and honestly, I'm thinking about dropping Physics next year because of how absolutely confusing it is.

Wave Physics is definitely my worst unit in Physics. Every other unit is enjoyable except for this one in my opinion.

It's the only thing that has me worried in this mock. How far have you gotten in FM?
Original post by usfbullz
Wave Physics is definitely my worst unit in Physics. Every other unit is enjoyable except for this one in my opinion.

It's the only thing that has me worried in this mock. How far have you gotten in FM?

To be completely honest, Physics just has me so confused half the time :tongue:

We've finished Mech 1 and we skipped the integration/differentiation one. We've done complex numbers, series and matrices. i have no idea how much we have left to do (haven't checked, actually). Have you picked your options yet?
Reply 32
Original post by nyxnko_
To be completely honest, Physics just has me so confused half the time :tongue:

We've finished Mech 1 and we skipped the integration/differentiation one. We've done complex numbers, series and matrices. i have no idea how much we have left to do (haven't checked, actually). Have you picked your options yet?

Yeah our teacher wants us to do Decision maths. He said its boring but it is easy which is why he wants us to do it. Half of my class rebelled to no avail.

At least it'll be a little useful for Computer Science. But I would have loved to do the FP1/FP2 option as it looks the most interesting to me. I'll probably self teach it during the summer holidays.
Yeah our teacher wants us to do Decision maths. He said its boring but it is easy which is why he wants us to do it. Half of my class rebelled to no avail.

At least it'll be a little useful for Computer Science. But I would have loved to do the FP1/FP2 option as it looks the most interesting to me. I'll probably self teach it during the summer holidays.

Yh my friends do Decision and they're like it's really easy but really boring. I wanted to do FP3/4 but our school doesn't offer it :frown:
:laugh: tell me how it goes :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by nyxnko_
Yh my friends do Decision and they're like it's really easy but really boring. I wanted to do FP3/4 but our school doesn't offer it :frown:
:laugh: tell me how it goes :smile:

Will do.
Reply 35
Week 16:
- Did Wave/Particle Physics revision. [Mon]
- Did Computer Science coding. [Tue]
- Did Stats revision. [Wed]
- Did Mechanics Revision. [Wed]
- Did Computer Science revision. [Thurs]
- Did Wave Physics revision. [Fri]
- Did Core Maths revision. [Sat]
- Did Mechanics Revision. [Sat]
- Did Computer Science revision + coding. [Sun]
- Did Particle Physics revision. [Sun]

Thoughts throughout the week: Computer science coding on Tuesday was rubbish. I spent 3 hours on

Spoiler

and couldn't even solve it. When I was doing one of the madasmaths papers for FP1 (set m), that question 6 was extremely satisfying to solve. I highly encourage my readers which is basically almost none to have a go at it and you'll see what I mean.

Other than that yeah, happy new year. Let's hope the revision paid off especially for Physics.
Reply 36
Week 17:
- Did Core Maths revision. [Mon]
- Did Wave Physics. [Mon]
- No revision. [Wed]
- No revision. [Thurs]
- Did Computer Science revision. [Sat]
- Did Stats revision. [Sat]
- Did Core Revision. [Sun]
- Did FP1 revision. [Sun]

Thoughts throughout the week: Core revision went ok on Mon. Got 66/75 on a Core 1 Solomon Paper. (Set K) FP1 revision was pretty solid, did pretty well on the madasmaths questions. Physics exam was ok. Core went ok this week, got 66/75 on a gold tier paper from PMT which is a borderline A*.Same score on two papers. Let's hope I perform this well in the mock and prove it wasn't a fluke. Computer Science was interesting this week and I am starting my own further reading activities. I watched a video on Lambda calculus and man I was amazed by how the professor managed to get the desired behaviour through mathematical manipulation.

Stay tuned.
I have maths and further maths exams in my mocks next week and I can tell I'm not gonna a do well on them, I hope you do well in yours :smile:.
Reply 38
Original post by OrangeArcher
I have maths and further maths exams in my mocks next week and I can tell I'm not gonna a do well on them, I hope you do well in yours :smile:.

You'll be fine. Keep pushing through with the revision and remember to take it easy at times.
You'll be fine. Keep pushing through with the revision and remember to take it easy at times.

I find maths and further maths interesting but I'm not particularly amazing at them (as in I have to do so much work to understand a concept) and it seems like an endless battle that I'm gonna lose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending