The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths 9-1 Higher Tier Checklist

Attachment not found
Is the corbett maths higher tier checklist accurate? Does it cover the whole of GCSE maths or not? Im aiming to do 2-3 topics a day and then attempt as much questions at possible on those topics. Once I've finished this, I will then start to attempt practice papers.
Need to know if this checklist covers all of GCSE maths as I've heard some people say that there's about 200 topics whereas this has less.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HXA97
Attachment not found
Is the corbett maths higher tier checklist accurate? Does it cover the whole of GCSE maths or not? Im aiming to do 2-3 topics a day and then attempt as much questions at possible on those topics. Once I've finished this, I will then start to attempt practice papers.
Need to know if this checklist covers all of GCSE maths as I've heard some people say that there's about 200 topics whereas this has less.

bump
I really need this question answered too + what's your spec?
Original post by adamantacademic
I really need this question answered too + what's your spec?

Edexcel
Original post by HXA97
Edexcel

Same
Reply 5
Original post by HXA97
Attachment not found

Your attachment isn't working. Can you please try posting a link to it?
Original post by Notnek
Your attachment isn't working. Can you please try posting a link to it?

https://corbettmaths.com/2016/05/03/revision-checklists-for-gcse-maths/
Reply 7

That is a checklist for the old spec so I don't recommend it. You may be able to find checklists if you Google e.g. "9-1 maths checklist". Although I find that they often miss out a lot of topics. Of course the exam board websites will have the full specification so you can use them as a checklist.

I am currently putting together my own checklist that were predicted topics for last year. This is what I have so far - it's a bit of a mess with topics mentioned more than once so I'll need to tidy it up and add links for every topic, which I'll do in the next few weeks:

EDIT: Topic list in post below.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Notnek
That is a checklist for the old spec so I don't recommend it. You may be able to find checklists if you Google e.g. "9-1 maths checklist". Although I find that they often miss out a lot of topics. Of course the exam board websites will have the full specification so you can use them as a checklist.

I am currently putting together my own checklist that were predicted topics for last year. This is what I have so far - it's a bit of a mess with topics mentioned more than once so I'll need to tidy it up and add links for every topic, which I'll do in the next few weeks:

Spoiler

Ahh i see. I'll guess I should just use the edexcel maths spec as a checklist. However, what website should I use to go through these topics? I think it's safer to just cover all of the topics rather than making predicted ones
Reply 9
Original post by HXA97
Ahh i see. I'll guess I should just use the edexcel maths spec as a checklist. However, what website should I use to go through these topics? I think it's safer to just cover all of the topics rather than making predicted ones

Maths Genie has a list but it is not perfect - some topics are missing.

I'm still working on my list (it's not predicted topics, it's a full list). This is what I have so far:

Spoiler

When it's finished I will make a new thread.
(edited 6 years ago)
I found a list online, thought it may be beneficial seems to cover an extensive amount for the new 9-1 spec edexcel higher.
8UnoOTZPTSaXst8TOL37Gg.png
Original post by Notnek
Maths Genie has a list but it is not perfect - some topics are missing.

I'm still working on my list (it's not predicted topics, it's a full list). This is what I have so far:

Spoiler

When it's finished I will make a new thread.

Really appreciate this man, it looks pretty neat if you ask me.
Original post by Harold Saxon
I found a list online, thought it may be beneficial seems to cover an extensive amount for the new 9-1 spec edexcel higher.
8UnoOTZPTSaXst8TOL37Gg.png

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest